Suggestion: TV Daily Sun Newspaper Should Be Distributed Free During the COVID-19 Pan

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2020, 07:35 PM
Default Suggestion: TV Daily Sun Newspaper Should Be Distributed Free During the COVID-19 Pan

The Villages Daily Sun (TVDS) newspaper should consider delivering it to every household in The Villages FOR FREE during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.

Alternatively, TVDS could at least consider putting the entire daily edition online and make it available to all residents for free during this pandemic.

There are many people in our community that do not subscribe to TVDS for various reasons. Thus, they are missing out on critical public health information. This endangers all the community. Thus, the powers-that-be at TVDS could provide a public service by providing online and/or physically delivered newspapers during the pandemic.

P.S. I am a paid TVDS subscriber.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:37 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Why? It's like only twenty cents a day now.

Last edited by anothersteve; 03-30-2020 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
The Villages Daily Sun (TVDS) newspaper should consider delivering it to every household in The Villages FOR FREE during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.

Alternatively, TVDS could at least consider putting the entire daily edition online and make it available to all residents for free during this pandemic.

There are many people in our community that do not subscribe to TVDS for various reasons. Thus, they are missing out on critical public health information. This endangers all the community. Thus, the powers-that-be at TVDS could provide a public service by providing online and/or physically delivered newspapers during the pandemic.

There's no such thing as "free" ...
Old 03-30-2020, 07:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

No thanks. I have no need of that rag in my world. You can’t truly believe that rag has important info only available there.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It is a for profit business. The sort of thing a solid economy is based on. Why do you think it should be free? People hold jobs there. Real people. And the developer isn't our mom.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:

Some of us don’t believe in OZ
Old 03-31-2020, 04:02 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Daily Sun

Why.......................
Old 03-31-2020, 04:46 AM

this begs the question, What are you giving away free? like every other business the Sun has to make a profit to keep printing. for those who do not subscribe, you are missing out on very good local news. just because there are those who don't care or are too cheap to pay does not mean the news is free. why don't you ask a neighbor to let you read his/her paper when they are finished reading it.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:12 AM
Default @AnthonyW

Quote:

Seriously? The Daily Sun is practically free as it is. The pandemic seems to have opened the floodgates for the entitlements. Let’s stick to making sure only absolute necessities are made available gratis, like testing and treatment.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:25 AM

What a great idea! I am sure you will volunteer to reimburse the Daily Sun for any additional costs incurred while doing so. I am always impressed by people who know how to spend other people's money. How noble! LOL
Old 03-31-2020, 05:34 AM

Virtually no information of value. Mostly dumb questions from Villagers.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:39 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
Why.......................

Because "I want free, I deserve it."

Old 03-31-2020, 05:42 AM
Veteran member

Huh?
Old 03-31-2020, 05:51 AM

There is nothing crucial in the villages newspaper. There are plenty of places to get your news these days. If you need the paper they sell it at the mailboxes.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:00 AM

Quote:

You're kidding of course. The owners of TVDS don't give ANYTHING away for free!!
Closed Thread

Tags
tvds, pandemic, free, daily, online

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.