Suggestion: TV Daily Sun Newspaper Should Be Distributed Free During the COVID-19 Pan

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2020, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Wow, what a bunch of angry negative BS. The OP was simply making a suggestion and you jump all over them as if only you are correct. On one hand you say why take away money for the employees then on the other hand you spew hatred for the VDS. Enough already. This thread should be closed.
I don't think the people who are saying why take away money for the employees are the same ones who are spewing hatred for the VDS.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:43 AM
Veteran member

I don’t believe the paper has anything to add that isn’t shown on television all day long. Businesses are being seriously hurt by this virus and still have costs to incur. Your logic just doesn’t make sense to me.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is a for profit business. The sort of thing a solid economy is based on. Why do you think it should be free? People hold jobs there. Real people. And the developer isn't our mom.
Thank you for that reply. What do.people think when they make such comments. Obviously they were not thinking about the workers or the delivery person. Those of us living in the villages have a monthly income. Put people out of work their income goes away. . Will you help pay their bills. Think before you make such statements
Old 03-31-2020, 09:51 AM

Thank you for making sense to those who are still thinking they are entitled. Thank God you have a roof over your head. Food on the table. Clothes to wear. Free newspaper ...really. Don't want to sunscribe? Your choice. Have a television. Put on the news they will give you all the news you want about this pandemic. Stay safe. Keep praying.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

When the Daily Sun is brought up, then we get some "underlying opinions" based on other philosophies and influences. Me and my household will continue to want the Daily Sun delivered. Because we agree with the underlying opinions espoused on certain pages of opinion.

Everyone picks up their mail don't they? Who knows where those hands have been....and those who pick up pizza and take out.

We are all tense and tired and bored and the house is beginning to look really lived in and our hair is growing down our neck and our kids are in another part of the world and this could go on for months and we are all depressed and grumpy. And we have to cut back on the chocolate and booze or we will destroy our own health...…..

Hugs to all. By damn we will get through this. I hope.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:59 AM
Platinum member

Does anyone know how many calories one burns arguing over a hypothetical with zero chance of occurrence?
Old 03-31-2020, 10:26 AM

ridiculous to even suggest that.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
The Villages Daily Sun (TVDS) newspaper should consider delivering it to every household in The Villages FOR FREE during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.

Alternatively, TVDS could at least consider putting the entire daily edition online and make it available to all residents for free during this pandemic.

There are many people in our community that do not subscribe to TVDS for various reasons. Thus, they are missing out on critical public health information. This endangers all the community. Thus, the powers-that-be at TVDS could provide a public service by providing online and/or physically delivered newspapers during the pandemic.

P.S. I am a paid TVDS subscriber.
That’s very nice, here around Dallas/Ft. Worth TX. it still costing us (not me) $300.+ a yr. to get delivery 5 days a week, $500.+ for 7 days a week. I’m sure this is subsidized by the govt. but it still nice that TV is doing this. They’re to fricking cheap down here to do a nice thing like this.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:36 AM
Veteran member

I'm glad to be a subscriber. Comes in handy when the stores run out of toilet paper.

But it's getting thinner every day....
Old 03-31-2020, 10:41 AM
Veteran member

While I don't agree with the OP's sentiment with regard to The Sun, many corporations, public utilities, etc. are making financial concessions to try to ease the burden on their customers and some are also giving directly to the community. Entertainment services, for example, are providing free access to some of their content, so I can see where the OP is coming from.

Posters here should be able to disagree without being overly dismissive, harsh, or rude.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is a for profit business. The sort of thing a solid economy is based on. Why do you think it should be free? People hold jobs there. Real people. And the developer isn't our mom.
Not that it has any value (except for maybe slicing it into 4" strips for other possible emergency uses) I agree, it's a for profit business, but that being said MANY businesses are SACRIFICING profits for others for a limited time but that paper really lacks ANY UPDATED and CURRENT valuable information as it is always a day+ behind in the "news" it prints.
Closed Thread

Tags
tvds, pandemic, free, daily, online

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.