Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Suggestion for The Villages owners.... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/suggestion-villages-owners-304162/)

Dlbonivich 03-22-2020 06:22 AM

You can do this with door dash, set up an account. They deliver groceries to you.

bmit16 03-22-2020 06:38 AM

Why do people always expect someone else to take care of them? The government, the developer? Socialized life does not work. You must stand on your own 2 feet if you ever expect to get anything done.

rjn5656 03-22-2020 06:39 AM

My family up north was tested due to symptons. The Dept of Health sent someone to the house in full hazmat gear to test them. They are in quarantine now.

rockandroller 03-22-2020 06:45 AM

Our "association", aka "neighborhood" includes a core group of individuals, many of whom have consistently helped one another and those on the periphery.

Just within the past week, I have seen more instances of neighbor helping neighbor.

Whether this will continue when individuals will be required to wear hazmat suits is anyone's guess.

Villagesgal 03-22-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors (Post 1731102)
In our area neighbors take care of neighbors. Len

Consider yourself lucky. Not all neighborhoods are like yours, many don't care at all.

quilting3grammy 03-22-2020 07:42 AM

I called Publix yesterday and they said they work with Instacart for home deliveries. There is an app for it and you can order from home and have it delivered. The delivery charges are $3.99 per delivery, or $9.99 per week for unlimited deliveries, or $99 per year for unlimited deliveries. There are a couple of problems though. One is that Instacart shoppers are overwhelmed with all the requests and can't get the groceries to you on time most of the time, and second the stores are out of stock of most everyday items, like milk, dairy etc. I got the free app and the next time I need groceries I will give it a try for one delivery to see how it works out.

jklfairwin 03-22-2020 08:59 AM

Also a great project for Boy or Girl Scouts or students stuck at home to organize a delivery service for those who are self quarantined. Of course many may say " you ignored our pleas for gun control after Parkland and our pleas to act on climate change to save the planet you are leaving us and our pleas for relief from student debt that is hindering us, so why should we help you?

davem4616 03-22-2020 09:04 AM

There times that I am truly amazed at the insightful questions/topics put forth in this forum....and then there are times that I just shake my head and wonder … like with this post. Just saying

MandoMan 03-22-2020 09:14 AM

This was actually announced last week in the same message promising drive-through testing. I’d like to see Uber coordinating this with ERs.

CWGUY 03-22-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jklfairwin (Post 1731527)
Also a great project for Boy or Girl Scouts or students stuck at home to organize a delivery service for those who are self quarantined. Of course many may say " you ignored our pleas for gun control after Parkland and our pleas to act on climate change to save the planet you are leaving us and our pleas for relief from student debt that is hindering us, so why should we help you?

:what: Just simply :what: because I can't post what I am really thinking! Just when you think that you have seen it all.....

rmd2 03-22-2020 12:35 PM

door dash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dlbonivich (Post 1731359)
You can do this with door dash, set up an account. They deliver groceries to you.

Yes groceries and Door Dash also delivers from almost all of the restaurants now as well.

Curtisbwp 03-23-2020 11:38 AM

You are quite capable to perform that service.

Bogie Shooter 03-23-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtisbwp (Post 1732214)
You are quite capable to perform that service.

What service?

OrangeBlossomBaby 03-23-2020 02:36 PM

My offer still stands, regarding people who live on "my side" of the Villages running low on TP. To date, no one has private-messaged me with a request so I'm assuming everyone in the Historic section who reads these posts are all doing fine. And I'm very glad to know that!

DianeM 03-23-2020 03:34 PM

Did you have that type of service from wherever you came from? The Villages is not responsible for you. If you feel that such a service is viable, organize it among your friends and neighbors.