Suggestion for The Villages owners....

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2020, 03:50 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

The Lake Deaton United Methodist church, of which I am a members called today to ask if my wife and I were doing OK and did we needing anything. I thanked the lady for asking and stated that we are fine under the circumstances and that I would be willing to help if needed. We all should be willing to help if able to do so and if needed.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:55 PM
Platinum member

Old 03-23-2020, 03:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklfairwin View Post
Also a great project for Boy or Girl Scouts or students stuck at home to organize a delivery service for those who are self quarantined. Of course many may say " you ignored our pleas for gun control after Parkland and our pleas to act on climate change to save the planet you are leaving us and our pleas for relief from student debt that is hindering us, so why should we help you?
1) how dare you bring politics into a national health crisis

2) Great idea to have the boys and girls work for free and then bring your infection home to their families.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:17 PM

My neighborhood put together a plan and devised volunteer leaders to check by phone on assigned neighbors - based on proximity- and volunteers to run errands (pick up mail, groceries on your established account, etc) and others who would cook and bring meals and put in a cooler placed outside your door (that would have to be cleaned after each use). Those who didn't want to or had underlying medical issues of their own didn't have to volunteer, but are still included in the plan. Why look for the local 'government-by-any-other-name' to do this for you? We need to do for ourselves and our neighbors and stop looking to others to do everything for us.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

“Boy or Girl Scout” seriously? Put our children in danger at this time? What an idiotic idea! (That comes from both the teacher and the mother in me.)
Old 03-23-2020, 07:03 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
“Boy or Girl Scout” seriously? Put our children in danger at this time? What an idiotic idea! (That comes from both the teacher and the mother in me.)
I agree. We should be protecting youth not putting them in danger. Perhaps the poster should get off their butts and see what they can do to help

Tags
leave, household, person, essentials, virus

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.