Suggestions for electric fireplace purchase

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Platinum member
Default Suggestions for electric fireplace purchase

I have decided that I want to buy an electric fireplace as a tv console. It would be 70 to 80 inches wide.

My question is: does anyone have an electric fireplace and what is a good size for the firebox. I have found them from 23 inches to 39 inches wide (firebox). 23 seems quiet small, but is it? I am leaning toward a 39 inch firebox, but the cost sure goes up.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2018, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Here is an idea, contact a custom carpenter or the Villages Woodworking shop and discuss the possibility of taking your smaller fireplace and having extensions built to a suitable width. In this manner, you will get exactly what you want width wise as well as storage wise.
Another idea, most new TVs can easily be hug on the wall, we have a 70 inch unit wall mounted 6 inches above the "TV entertainment console" and used some pictures to hide the wires. If you decide on this type of installation you can use any size fireplace. Just some random thoughts, send me a PM and I can send you a photo of our installation.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:27 PM

My fireplace is 60" long and the firebox is 26" throws out a lot of heat. Looks great
and it's for sale , 352-259-1237 if interested
Closed Thread

Tags
inches, firebox, electric, fireplace, wide

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.