Suggestions for Paddock Square

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2018, 04:01 PM

Can someone explain to me why some folks continue to post one negative comment after another on these forums? We get it....you don't like Brownwood, you don't like Fenney, you don't like southern TV, you don't like the developers, and on and on. Isn't stating your opinion once, enough? Why the continual bashing?

In my opinion everyone buys in TV where they feel comfortable buying. What I like, others may not and what others like I may not. I don't feel the need to bash them for it. I figure if I don't like something I either move or don't go visit that area. I don't need to try to convince others of my opinion.

My wife and I can't wait to move permanently to TV. We prefer to look on the bright side of things in life and we're very thankful for everything God has given us and the wonderful opportunity to live in TV. Thank goodness we didn't read these forums before we bought our house in Fenney, or we might've been scared off by all the negtivity. We love our home in Fenney and the facilities coming to the southern end. If you don't that's fine, I'm not going to bash you and your area and try to convince you otherwise.

Sorry, done with my rant. I just get tired off all the negativity on these forums and it seems to be getting worse. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread. (Sorry...think I just added to the negativity.)

Last edited by I Tango; 03-20-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Tango View Post
Can someone explain to me why some folks continue to post one negative comment after another on these forums? We get it....you don't like Brownwood, you don't like Fenney, you don't like southern TV, you don't like the developers, and on and on. Isn't stating your opinion once, enough? Why the continual bashing?

In my opinion everyone buys in TV where they feel comfortable buying. What I like, others may not and what others like I may not. I don't feel the need to bash them for it. I figure if I don't like something I either move or don't go visit that area. I don't need to try to convince others of my opinion.

My wife and I can't wait to move permanently to TV. We prefer to look on the bright side of things in life and we're very thankful for everything God has given us and the wonderful opportunity to live in TV. Thank goodness we didn't read these forums before we bought our house in Fenney, or we might've been scared off by all the negtivity. We love our home in Fenney and the facilities coming to the southern end. If you don't that's fine, I'm not going to bash you and your area and try to convince you otherwise.

Sorry, done with my rant. I just get tired off all the negativity on these forums and it seems to be getting worse. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread. (Sorry...think I just added to the negativity.)

I just can’t help myself [emoji6], Lol !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
I just can’t help myself [emoji6], Lol !

Maybe it's just me, but I definitely do not have LOL reactions to the many negative posts that appear on this Internet forum.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

There may be "many" negative posts, however keep in mind they are the views/opinions of the minority.

And somehow the minority views always seem to get the visibility. And my favorite....always expressed as the general condition!!
Old 03-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I definitely do not have LOL reactions to the many negative posts that appear on this Internet forum.

Don’t you get it ?

Old 03-20-2018, 06:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
You’re a funny guy. Hey, got the Chevelle here yet ?

The Villages Florida

I’m in the process of restoring the undercarriage in my Vette. Love being retired !

Old 03-20-2018, 09:10 PM
Sage

Back on track, suggestions for Paddock Square...

Old 03-20-2018, 09:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Frau. Dieser Ort ist für Leute gedacht, die älter als fünfzig Jahre sind. Das Durchschnittsalter hier ist 65. Der Grund, warum wir mehrere der gleichen Kette Restaurant haben, ist, dass sie erfolgreich waren und einen anderen Ort öffnen möchten. Das bedeutet Leute wie dieses Restaurant und besuchen es häufig.

Still luv ya, Frau.
Hab' aber auch gedacht, dass der Gegend fuer Leute ist, die schon in Rente gegangen sind, trotz Ihre Aelter... naehmlich Ich. Und hab' immernoch eine Meinung...so wie Sie...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2018, 03:14 AM
Sage

really wish TV, would build a trap/skeet range-with at least 10 fields--I put 20K a year shooting 4 times week, on my car and most of the time its at the same place -and shooting at the same place with the same people -its almost like going to work again-at least this week with the Fl state shoot at a different location & some real competition makes it enjoyable
Old 03-21-2018, 07:33 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:

Old 03-21-2018, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:

I agree.
But note it is one poster who keeps saying the same thing over & over.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:09 AM
Veteran member

You should check the amount charged monthly . by The Villages for operating in the squares.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

People post I want this or that at Brownwood, but the truth is that no one can grant your wish except the companies that own the business who need to have the cash to open another location if they are a chain or have a bundle if they are a mom and pop. Only high volume businesses are successful where the rent is higher and the rent is higher in all successful tourist destinations. It is market driven, the old "build it and they will come" situation. I am always annoyed when people say that Commercial Leasing here charges too much. They ask what the market will bear. I believe a five year lease is usual and the difference here in Florida is that renters are dealing with three months of feast and nine months of famine.

I wonder at the folks who think the Morses can say...we will now have a Costco or an Italian Restaurant owned and run by a successful New York Italian Restaurant owner. Those businesses have to want to open here. They also must protect their contracted leasers from someone who will sell the same kind of service or product and cause their revenue to drop. That is done everywhere.

I am sure that any owner of commercial buildings wants them rented, but even here, it isn't that simple.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
You should check the amount charged monthly . by The Villages for operating in the squares.
So, what is the amount?
Old 03-21-2018, 08:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Frau. Dieser Ort ist für Leute gedacht, die älter als fünfzig Jahre sind. Das Durchschnittsalter hier ist 65. Der Grund, warum wir mehrere der gleichen Kette Restaurant haben, ist, dass sie erfolgreich waren und einen anderen Ort öffnen möchten. Das bedeutet Leute wie dieses Restaurant und besuchen es häufig.

Still luv ya, Frau.
my spell check crashed
Closed Thread

Tags
add, nice, middle, great, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.