Suggestions for Paddock Square

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2018, 08:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
There have been many times where I thought it would be great to have a fast food restaurant in LSL for a grab and go.
How about visiting Subway, Panera's or Winn-Dixie?
Old 03-17-2018, 09:11 AM
Default Paddock Square isn't a square?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Tear it down, sell the cattle, layoff the cowboys and start from scratch. This is what happens when money and someone’s dream, family history and memories become reality. Grown adults don’t need a cattle themed micro mall sans no water features, no town square ( paddock is NOT a town square, it is a very very small musical venue), devoid of life before 5PM. IMHO Brownwood is embarrassing and we never take family or visiting friends there, ever. As far as I’m concerned there are only two Town Squares in TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, look at the three squares on Google Maps or Google Earth. Count the number of parking spaces along each side. You'll find all three squares are the same size.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Platinum member

How about bowling in the south area somewhere? I still think candlepin bowling would be a huge hit down here. It's very popular in the northeast U.S. You bowl 3 small balls per frame to hit pins that are tall and thin like candles. No heavy lifting for those of us who are older or with bad shoulders/arms/wrists.

I would love a good seafood restaurant in Brownwood.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:15 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

Quote:
Tear it down, sell the cattle, layoff the cowboys and start from scratch. This is what happens when money and someone’s dream, family history and memories become reality. Grown adults don’t need a cattle themed micro mall sans no water features, no town square ( paddock is NOT a town square, it is a very very small musical venue), devoid of life before 5PM. IMHO Brownwood is embarrassing and we never take family or visiting friends there, ever. As far as I’m concerned there are only two Town Squares in TV.

Great, the more of you that stay away the better it is for those of us who enjoy it. Like the cattle and cowboys also along with the sales office theme and decor. Don't like crowds so please stick to your guns.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:19 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

Quote:
They wouldn’t want the space. So, if you can’t lease commercial space, apply for a rezone, build apartments and call it a Village. A constant stream of income higher than what a retail space would generate and more rental Villagers (that’s new), using amenities that weren’t designed for the additional population living on rezoned commercial land. Profit above sucking it up, leave the land as storage for pine straw. How many billions are not enough ?

If you don't go there why are you bashing it? You have already stated that you won't take friends or family to our square so leave it alone already as most of us enjoy it and will continue to watch it grows as south of 44 grows.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Happy St Patty's Day. You know what Irish people put out today? Patty O'Furniture
Thanks for the chuckle.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Sage

I got it-----Golden Corral
[Brownwood does have a cowboy theme and needs a coral anyway.]]
Old 03-17-2018, 02:01 PM
Gold member

I walked around Brownwood for the first time in over a year Wednesday, and was surprised to see all of the empty commercial space. Is there a reason for this? I have a feeling all is not so rosy with the family business right now, at least from the commercial side. Remember when they converted Katie Belles in order to have more commercial space on the ground floor? I looked in an open door below Katie Belles this week, and there is nothing in there but bare concrete. I didn't see one store being developed there. They say that over 95% of commercial space is rented. I have my doubts.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I walked around Brownwood for the first time in over a year Wednesday, and was surprised to see all of the empty commercial space. Is there a reason for this? I have a feeling all is not so rosy with the family business right now, at least from the commercial side. Remember when they converted Katie Belles in order to have more commercial space on the ground floor? I looked in an open door below Katie Belles this week, and there is nothing in there but bare concrete. I didn't see one store being developed there. They say that over 95% of commercial space is rented. I have my doubts.
There would be a long, LONG line of folks who would like to have a not so rosy business like the Morse family!!!

How old is Brownwood town square?
If the number is not 95% then what is it?
Old 03-17-2018, 02:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Thx for not adding to the crowd
Old 03-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
There would be a long, LONG line of folks who would like to have a not so rosy business like the Morse family!!!

How old is Brownwood town square?
If the number is not 95% then what is it?
It's over 4 years old. Do you remember how long it took Lake Sumter to build out?
Old 03-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:

What do you have to offer about Fenney??
Old 03-17-2018, 03:07 PM
Veteran member

"Originally Posted by Wiotte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck90199 View Post
Actually, look at the three squares on Google Maps or Google Earth. Count the number of parking spaces along each side. You'll find all three squares are the same size.
Don't confuse the OP by posting facts.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 03-17-2018, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,308 Times in 823 Posts

Suggestion for all town squares. Only golf cart parking in streets adjacent to the squares I.E. the four streets touching the square.
1. Eliminates gawking with tourist driving around the square - very dangerous
2. Increases the amount of parking 4 - 5X.
3. Gives residents a little perk for buying here even though squares are public. Had this conversation with friends and the only flaw they found was what about handicap parking, My response if you made every parking spot around the square handicap it would still not accommodate the amount of placards around here.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
The daily sun had an article about the retail space in KB. Store that is coming took a year of negotiations. Retailers don’t drop in overnight. It’s a work in progress.

Tags
add, nice, middle, great, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.