Suggestions for picture reframing

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Default Suggestions for picture reframing

I just discovered a WWII picture of my dear father, which is in need of reframing. It is a sketch which was done during the war. Not sure I want to hand it over to Michael's so, I am looking for other recommendations. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2017, 12:01 PM

Kings Gallery in Spanish Springs has performed numerous framing and re-framing jobs, very satisfied with their work!!
Old 09-22-2017, 02:18 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I have used Kings Gallery at Spanish Springs and I was happy with their work. (I am pretty sure they did the framing for the Eisenhower Regional Rec Center displays which look to me like museum quality......If I am not right about Eisenhower being Kings Gallery framing, I know someone will correct me.)

If the sketch is to be framed under glass, may I suggest that you talk with the framer about using the kind of glass that will protect it from the effects of light. It would be sad to see your wonderful find fade. It will be more expensive to use special glass but you have something that cannot be replaced.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback. This is just what I was looking for and I will most definitely use special glass.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
Thanks for the feedback. This is just what I was looking for and I will most definitely use special glass.
And if you have it matted, make sure the mat is acid free.

Tags
reframing, picture, hand, recommendations, war

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.