Summer Heat

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear;65***2
And there are benefits from the heat. Just think of golf excuses...a drop of sweat got in my eyes, my grip slipped (wet glove)...just to list a couple. You gotta see the cup half-full. ;^)

(Oh no...I didn't mean to start the half-empty/half-full discussion again!! :^O )
You know. You are a VERY likable person, Polar Bear. Is your brother the Golden Bear? He is from Columbus, Ohio just like us. However, I do NOT play golf like him.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You know. You are a VERY likable person, Polar Bear...
Awww, shucks.

Quote:
..Is your brother the Golden Bear? He is from Columbus, Ohio just like us...
Nahhh. He's not even my favorite golfer...I'm an Arnie guy!! Polar Bear is just an allusion to my alma mater, a much smaller school than OSU...heheh.

Quote:
...I do NOT play golf like him.
I knew we had something in common!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
It can be hot here! BUT that being said, how are YOUR summers up north? We found that sometimes your temps are WAYYYYYYY hotter than ours here. We still go out and about but it's from our air-conditioned homes to our air-conditioned cars. You do outside activities either early or late in the day. What amazes me is folks golfing in the middle of the day when it's the hottest!! Hoping they're taking along some water as one needs to remain hydrated!!

We've found that it's not so bad living here full-time. BEATS having to shovel drives and sidewalks AND driving in the ice and snow as well. PLUS having to deal with the cold! Brrrrrrrrr!!!!
I would gladly trade the snow and ice of a Chicago winter for the summers in TV! And for the winter just ended Chicago actually had about 5 inches of snow less than the average winter. Oh to be a frog . . .
Old 04-06-2013, 10:01 AM

The summers are the best part of living here. Only half of the population is here and you can do anything you want without having to stand in line
Old 04-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Veteran member

It is only 6 months of oppressive heat & humidity, mosquitos the size of Hummingbirds and cockroaches big enough to saddle the keeps The Sunshine State from being as populated as California. ;-)
Old 04-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
It is only 6 months of oppressive heat & humidity, mosquitos the size of Hummingbirds and cockroaches big enough to saddle the keeps The Sunshine State from being as populated as California. ;-)
By George. I think you are on to something.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
Knowing you are joking - but the heat and humidity are far less than what we had in Washingon DC; I have seen NO mosquitoes in the 3 years I have been in The Villages; and the roaches are non-existent as well if you use a pest management company.

Wow, those summers in Washington DC were miserable. Car exhaust fumes, inversion layer keeping that bad air trapped and percolating, the heat building up in the concrete canyons, and TRAFFIC. So happy to be in The Villages!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.