Sumter County High Risk

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Guess we speak to different people, the ones we know will take it when appropriate.
Obviously.
Steve
Old 07-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Four in all of Sumter TV is extremely low number. Wonder how many of the rest of Sumter numbers is from the prison
The Federal prison actually has very few, the State prison very high. As of June 29th:

Bushnell continues to have the most cases in Sumter County – 127 – with 120 of those being at the Sumter Correctional Institution. Others have been identified in The Villages (103), Lake Panasoffkee (23), Oxford (23), Wildwood (16), Webster (12), Lady Lake portion of the county (7), Coleman (7), Center Hill (6) and Sumterville (5). The federal prison in Coleman also has identified eight cases among seven staff members and one inmate.

15 new COVID-19 patients reported in Ocala as Florida tops 146,000 cases - Ocala-News.com
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
I suppose it does help explain why we are about 5% of the world's population, but have about 25% of the world's deaths from this virus though.
Yeah that does seem odd huh? Wouldn't be the way the USA counts their Covid deaths would it? The difference between people in the US who die with Covid-19 or from Covid-19.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:34 PM
Default Maybe...

USA, 2.74M cases, 25% of world deaths?? Duh... Wonder how that happened??

Maybe USA has highest rate in the world because many arrogantly refuse to acknowledge their part By simply wearing the mask to snuff out the virus?

Shaking my head...
Old 07-05-2020, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLady View Post

Maybe USA has highest rate in the world because many arrogantly refuse to acknowledge their part By simply wearing the mask to snuff out the virus?

Shaking my head...
There are really only two ways that we are going to "snuff out" this virus. Either by herd immunity or vaccine. And wearing a mask accomplishes neither.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
As long as a vaccine is proven effective and safe how can people be so foolish?
How can it be proven safe and effective in a few months. Everyone can decide for themselves, of course. I for one, will not be lining up for them to inject something into my body that’s been tested weeks, not years. As it is, everyday we were hearing do this, don’t do that and then we’ll maybe this and that. As far as I’m concerned, they have a lot more to learn about this Covid before a safe and effective vaccine to can be developed. Like all the meds they were trying, it works, it doesn’t work, now it works, etc.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
As long as a vaccine is proven effective and safe how can people be so foolish?
They are rushing these vaccine trials through so quickly with minimal testing, that we do not know at this point if the vaccine will be totally safe. I personally will have the vaccine but I’m going to wait until they’ve vaccinated a lot of people and I can see with my own eyes that there aren’t any side effects.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:31 AM
Default Obesity

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue View Post
Ok here are the risk factors: age 65 and older, low-income household, single household or one with no caregiver, household communication barrier, unemployment, disability, physical crowding, lack of health insurance, respiratory disease, heart disease and diabetes.

Not worried at all.
Obesity is a risk factor. Check into it.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
They are rushing these vaccine trials through so quickly with minimal testing, that we do not know at this point if the vaccine will be totally safe. I personally will have the vaccine but I’m going to wait until they’ve vaccinated a lot of people and I can see with my own eyes that there aren’t any side effects.
We will certainly not be in the first group to be tested but at some time after, when our DR says it is ok and prevailing opinion also we will take it.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Yeah, I would get the vaccine, after it has been proven safe and effective. I will definitely not be one of the first to get one, as I have at least two of the high risk factors.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Obesity is a risk factor. Check into it.
I didn't know Sumter County had an obesity problem. Stll, according to the original article, you would need three of the risk factors to be considered a high risk.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue View Post
There are really only two ways that we are going to "snuff out" this virus. Either by herd immunity or vaccine. And wearing a mask accomplishes neither.
Masks alone were never intended to "snuff it out" just to slow the spread. If it doesn't spread there will be less infections. The ONLY thing that will "snuff it out" is a vaccine or maybe the still unproven (check with Sweden) herd immunity.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:

Shaking my head...
Can you explain why Sweden (no masks, no lockdown) has a very similar rise and fall of deaths per capita to the USA?

us-vs-sweden-deaths-jpg
Old 07-05-2020, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Can you explain why Sweden (no masks, no lockdown) has a very similar rise and fall of deaths per capita to the USA?

Attachment 85036
Interesting, hope that continues in a good direction.

Effectively, was there much difference between want actually happened in Sweden and the US?
Old 07-05-2020, 03:19 PM
Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post

Attachment 85036
Nope. I can’t explain any of this. I just want to get back to having fun. That’s why I wear this mask. It doesn’t hurt me And it’s one small thing I can do to maybe help someone even if it’s just helping them to feel more safe. It’s not a big deal all things considered.
Closed Thread

Tags
county, risk, sumter, estimated, safe

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.