Sumter County Humane Society in Desparate Need

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Default Sumter County Humane Society in Desparate Need

A friend of mine took some things to the Humane Society of Sumter County today, knowing that this cold weather would be hitting them hard. They are down to 200 pounds of dog kibble for the rest of the month and today is the 3rd. They have one bundle of blankets, which they will distribute for this cold snap and then have none for the next one. They are out of kitty food. They always need money to buy hay for the many horses in foster care, and we are coming up on the worst months of the year for hay.

Reach into your hearts please. She will be in front of the Largo mail boxes at Parksville Path and Canal Street, just across from Bacall recreation from 12-2 on Thursday, January 5th to pick up your donations. Bring food, blankets, checks. You may also bring aluminum cans. The aluminum cans are used to raise money for their shelter.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 AM

Just a reminder about the above post regarding the Sumter County's Humane Society desparate need for pet food, blankets, and donations. The collection is occurring today at Largo's mailboxes. If interested in sending a monetary donation, send it to The Humane Society/SPCA of Sumter County, PO Box 67, Lake Panasoffkee FL 33538. Thanks for caring. :-)
Old 01-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Thumbs up Thanks for posting

Joannej,
Thanks for posting a mailbox address.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannej View Post
Just a reminder about the above post regarding the Sumter County's Humane Society desparate need for pet food, blankets, and donations. The collection is occurring today at Largo's mailboxes. If interested in sending a monetary donation, send it to The Humane Society/SPCA of Sumter County, PO Box 67, Lake Panasoffkee FL 33538. Thanks for caring. :-)
Bump. Thanks for highlighting this important issue, and for for posting the address.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:37 PM

I want to thank everyone who responded to the request for food, blankets, donations, etc. for the Sumter County Humane Society. Here is a quoted report from my friend:

"Yesterday, we raised $1,585 in cash and checks, 2,000 lbs. of dog and cat food, an entire truckload of cans, completely filled their blanket bin, numerous toys, crates, and coats. We had 3 or 4 vehicles unloading for 2-1/2 hours. The Humane's Society's volunteers were just about in tears. We filled 4 SUV's for delivery to the shelter. Please thank the TOTV people who responded. We are all so grateful. The Sumter County Humane Society has a Facebook page. People can look there for pictures. I don't know if they are up there yet, but they will be soon."

I promise I will post a couple pictures taken at the Largo mailboxes when I figure out how to do that. You have touched my heart with your genorosity and if the animals you've helped had a voice, I'm sure they would say the same thing too. Thanks so much! :-)
Old 01-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Thumbs up So happy to hear

Quote:
I want to thank everyone who responded to the request for food, blankets, donations, etc. for the Sumter County Humane Society. Here is a quoted report from my friend:

"Yesterday, we raised $1,585 in cash and checks, 2,000 lbs. of dog and cat food, an entire truckload of cans, completely filled their blanket bin, numerous toys, crates, and coats. We had 3 or 4 vehicles unloading for 2-1/2 hours. The Humane's Society's volunteers were just about in tears. We filled 4 SUV's for delivery to the shelter. Please thank the TOTV people who responded. We are all so grateful. The Sumter County Humane Society has a Facebook page. People can look there for pictures. I don't know if they are up there yet, but they will be soon."

I promise I will post a couple pictures taken at the Largo mailboxes when I figure out how to do that. You have touched my heart with your genorosity and if the animals you've helped had a voice, I'm sure they would say the same thing too. Thanks so much! :-)
So happy to hear this. I'm sure they will get more checks. I just put mine in the mail.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:16 PM

Here are two photos taken of the food collection at the Largo mail boxes. The volunteers did an excellent job of transporting this to the Sumter County Humane Society.

Click on links below to view photos:

The Villages Florida

also:

The Villages Florida

It wasn't as hard as I thought to post the pictures in a photo album in TOTV! Hope these links work!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel

My check is in the mail!!!!! Great cause!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
A friend of mine took some things to the Humane Society of Sumter County today, knowing that this cold weather would be hitting them hard. They are down to 200 pounds of dog kibble for the rest of the month and today is the 3rd. They have one bundle of blankets, which they will distribute for this cold snap and then have none for the next one. They are out of kitty food. They always need money to buy hay for the many horses in foster care, and we are coming up on the worst months of the year for hay.

Reach into your hearts please. She will be in front of the Largo mail boxes at Parksville Path and Canal Street, just across from Bacall recreation from 12-2 on Thursday, January 5th to pick up your donations. Bring food, blankets, checks. You may also bring aluminum cans. The aluminum cans are used to raise money for their shelter.
I tried to find a working web site for them. Do you know if they have one?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Sage

This makes my heart sing! Hats off toJoanneJ.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:42 AM

This is so wonderful! So many of us think of our pets as our "children" and no one wants to hear of a cold and hungry child. My check is in the mail !
Old 01-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Here are two photos taken of the food collection at the Largo mail boxes. The volunteers did an excellent job of transporting this to the Sumter County Humane Society.

Click on links below to view photos:

The Villages Florida

also:

The Villages Florida

It wasn't as hard as I thought to post the pictures in a photo album in TOTV! Hope these links work!
I haven't read Leisureville, but I think these wonderful photos and the many articles I have read in the online version of The Daily Sun about the volunteer groups in TV give a truer picture of the generosity and giving spirit of the residents of TV. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Default Many thanks for taking time to look at this post again!!

I've posted 2 pictures yesterday, but the links were removed. Here is how you can view the pictures. After you sign in to TOTV: Go to Quick Links located at the top of your page where the blue bar is. The album's title is: Sumter County Humane Society. It contained two photos that my friend sent to me from the other day when the collection was made at Largo mailboxes.

Here's the facebook link to the shelter:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Human...c/231380151364

Also, here's the internet link to the shelter: http://www.hsspca.org/

I knew you would come through for this shelter. Many thanks again!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:55 PM

Actually, it should be hats off to the volunteers who helped my friend! I was just the messenger. They did all of the work. I just helped to get the word out, but thank you for your kind words.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.