Sumter County Sheriff's Data as presented to CDD's

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2020, 04:02 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Sumter County Sheriff's Data as presented to CDD's

As was reported by the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office (SCSO) during this month’s Law Enforcement Update at the District Board Meetings, Lt. Siemer has provided the following overview to be forwarded to the Boards as general information:

4 quarter stats 2019

13,823 calls for service

1617 Traffic Stops

29 golf cart crashes

18 golf carts citations

689 citations for other vehicles

I would assume that this data only covers the Sumter County portion of The Villages.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

You are correct, this is just Sumter county for the 4th quarter. 18 golf cart citations, just over 1 a week, amazingly small numbers, on any given day just driving to Brownwood and back I see at least half that many that should be given out. Catch an evening movie and you could get that many DUIs in golf carts in an hour if they wanted. And if the children are out of school the number of under aged children driving golf carts is frightening, they are not toys!

We are all adults here and we should know better yet so many either forget the rules or think they don't apply. I stand by my comments at the CDD meeting "sometimes the checkbook is the best educator" .
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 01-17-2020 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:35 PM

The Villages is an amazingly safe place. I'd say the Sheriff's department is doing a great job.
Closed Thread

Tags
sumter, county, golf, citations, data

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.