Sumter County Taxes

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2019, 06:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlee500 View Post
I want to pay my taxes even if they have gone up 30% or so. I got my tax bill for Nov. and realised I could not afford a lump sum payment. I am a senion on a fixed income. I called Randy Mask line and was told I should have filled out a payment form which I did not know about. I have since filled it out for 2020. I was also told I could submit a form to pay current taxes over 5 months - Nov. to March and did that. I sent in a check for as much as I could afford. I went online this week to make a payment and there was NO option to put in an amount, just full payment.

I called and explained my issue, was put on hold for a while and was told, yes, I would be charged FULL amount online.

Why are seniors like you and me being treated this way? Why can't we make partial payments online if we have an agreement? This is so wrong and Randy needs to fix this if he wants to keep his job. Giving the option to make an agreed upon partial payment hurts nobody but makes it easier for seniors to pay their taxes.

This is the OP’s post. The thread has veered off on tangents.

One needs to expect to pay taxes. And we all know taxes almost always go up. At this stage of life, we should all be aware of this. The tax bill should be no surprise.

A responsible person takes taxes into account when making a decision on what home (price range) to buy. I’m tired of folks playing the victim.

BTW, you’ll get another tax bill next year.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
The question was answered in posts five and nine on the first page.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post

One needs to expect to pay taxes. And we all know taxes almost always go up. At this stage of life, we should all be aware of this. The tax bill should be no surprise.

A responsible person takes taxes into account when making a decision on what home (price range) to buy. I’m tired of folks playing the victim.

BTW, you’ll get another tax bill next year.
Thank you for putting that relatively bluntly, I was trying to be delicate and tactful.
There's an old saying---"Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine"
A lot of posters on TOTV whine and complain about decisions that were strictly theirs and theirs alone.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Isn't that what the bond is supposed to pay for?
Well there is "villages infrastructure" and "county infrastructure" so maybe the bond just does the villages part? I could be totally wrong LOL.

$30K or whatever per house plus the big bump in property tax = a whopping big pile of money. I call for paving the roads in gold.

Joe
Old 12-22-2019, 08:53 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,773 Times in 3,641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
Well there is "villages infrastructure" and "county infrastructure" so maybe the bond just does the villages part? I could be totally wrong LOL.

$30K or whatever per house plus the big bump in property tax = a whopping big pile of money. I call for paving the roads in gold.

Joe

What is the Bond Debt Assessment for?
The bond debt assessment reflects each lot’s proportionate share of the cost of building the infrastructure within its District or for which its District has responsibility. It is the most equitable method of distributing costs between the properties that benefit from the infrastructure. Infrastructure includes storm water systems, underground pump stations, water retention areas, curbs, gutters, streetlights, transportation trails, underground piping, etc.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
What is the Bond Debt Assessment for?
The bond debt assessment reflects each lot’s proportionate share of the cost of building the infrastructure within its District or for which its District has responsibility. It is the most equitable method of distributing costs between the properties that benefit from the infrastructure. Infrastructure includes storm water systems, underground pump stations, water retention areas, curbs, gutters, streetlights, transportation trails, underground piping, etc.
Does that include stuff like all of the work on 468/Warm Spring or is the bond only for stuff within the "actual villages" (rec centers, squares, anywhere behind a gate)?
Old 12-22-2019, 09:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Does that include stuff like all of the work on 468/Warm Spring or is the bond only for stuff within the "actual villages" (rec centers, squares, anywhere behind a gate)?

The CDD will have the details for you. Very nice people there.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Keep in mind that this is a place for discussion. For accurate information, you need to seek out the proper source. There is lots of information available about our community. Take some time and do some browsing. Lots to learn. Also, I highly recommend CDD Orientation and Resident Acadamy.

TheVillages.net - Login - Email, tee-times, computer support - serving The Villages, Florida and the Tri-county area.

Village Community Development Districts
Old 12-22-2019, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
What does it take to get this? How low does your income need to be?
Under $30,174 AGI for 2019 Taxes gets you did
discount" on your 2020 Tax Bill. Must be filed before March of 2020 IIRC. You must be full time resident with Homestead exemption.

• An exemption not exceeding $50,000 to any person who has the legal or equitable title to real estate, maintains permanent residence on the property, is 65 or older, and whose household income does not exceed the household income limitation (of $30,174 for 2019 taxes); or

and this one which won't apply to here yet:

• An exemption equal to the assessed value of the property to an owner who has title to real estate in Florida with a just value less than $250,000, as determined in the first tax year that the owner applies and is eligible for the exemption, and who has maintained permanent residence on the property for at least 25 years, is 65 or older, and whose household income does not exceed the household income limitation.
Senior Homestead
Old 12-23-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Under $30,174 AGI for 2019 Taxes gets you did
discount" on your 2020 Tax Bill.
~$30K is more than I thought, thanks
Old 12-23-2019, 05:42 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
The bond only covers the infrastructure within the CDD property boundaries that was built to support the communities within.

The rec centers, golf courses, and other amenities are not included in the bond, these are actually private property owned by the development company but operated by the recreation department or property management. South of CR44 the amenity fee is actually paid to the developer who then pays the various District departments the appropriate amounts for the operating and maintenance costs. This is all transparent to the residents.

The costs for the work on the various county roads (468, etc.) is the responsibility of the county and/or state to pay for and manage based on the growth that they approve. The new roads being built like Reagan Rd, Marsh Bend Trail, Fenney Way, etc. are included in the residential bond amount but the existing county roads are not and should not be. These county road improvements are supposed to be covered by the impact fees that are charged and collected with the sale of each home. Why the county managers cannot adequately manage their revenues and budgets for the growth they are approving is a mystery or possibly incompetent, none of this growth was a surprise, they approved it all a year ago. Sorry jumped off the deep end again on this one.

This video explains the bonds:
The Villages 5-30-19 Construction update and Bond information - YouTube

This video explains the maintenance assessment:
The Villages 6-19-19 Construction Update and Maintenance Assessment discussion. - YouTube
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 12-24-2019, 07:30 AM

"Why the county managers cannot adequately manage their revenues and budgets for the growth they are approving is a mystery or possibly incompetent, none of this growth was a surprise, they approved it all a year ago. "

EXACTLY!

Vote 'em out.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonbrown View Post
"Why the county managers cannot adequately manage their revenues and budgets for the growth they are approving is a mystery or possibly incompetent, none of this growth was a surprise, they approved it all a year ago. "

EXACTLY!

Vote 'em out.

Actually it was a surprise.

The Developer was done, they opened a remodeling center to keep contractors busy. There was nothing public that TV was jumping over the highway.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
It's gotta be for all of the infrastructure down there....doesn't it? I'm just guessing. Maybe after a year or two the taxes will go down once everything is all paid off
Taxes going down! LOL
Old 03-02-2020, 11:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlee500 View Post
I want to pay my taxes even if they have gone up 30% or so. I got my tax bill for Nov. and realised I could not afford a lump sum payment. I am a senion on a fixed income. I called Randy Mask line and was told I should have filled out a payment form which I did not know about. I have since filled it out for 2020. I was also told I could submit a form to pay current taxes over 5 months - Nov. to March and did that. I sent in a check for as much as I could afford. I went online this week to make a payment and there was NO option to put in an amount, just full payment.
I called and explained my issue, was put on hold for a while and was told, yes, I would be charged FULL amount online.
Why are seniors like you and me being treated this way? Why can't we make partial payments online if we have an agreement? This is so wrong and Randy needs to fix this if he wants to keep his job. Giving the option to make an agreed upon partial payment hurts nobody but makes it easier for seniors to pay their taxes.
Taxes and property values are high in The Villages.
Not that you should have to move, and we would hate to lose a senior just because she is on a fixed income.
But have you considered moving out of TV?
Closed Thread

Tags
payment, taxes, told, online, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.