Sumter tax issue?

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRICHARD View Post
It appears to me that folks that bought a home in the new development area are not very pleased. Several people at the pool mentioned there are no restaurants there, and traveling over the future bridges requires a lot of time and is not practical. I was told by a person who worked in the area that building homes backed up to a major highway is very noisy, smelly and not popular, also the daily Federal prison loud speaker noise and the blasting from the stone quarry all adds up to a future BIG time failure. Does that mean we are expected to also pay for that as well?? Allowing anyone to raise taxes without any oversight is just asking for trouble in the future.
More than half of what you say is hearsay. Maybe you should check some facts before going of on a bashing post.
BTW where did you buy??
Old 11-01-2019, 05:47 PM

How many "Villagers" realize that moving to the newer locations, (south of RT 44), of The Villages is really a relocation to WILDWOOD? We were only told that the water supplier would be Wildwood for awhile, but no mention of the "WildWood City TAX" which, in our case, is just under $1,100.00. We moved a year ago and were not advised of that fact by our sales agent. It was shocking to learn that we will be paying a"Wildwood City" tax.We have lived in two other communities within "The Villages" for the last nine years and thought we knew the area reasonably well. Our newest "Village" is beautiful and we love the neighborhood, tranquility, and views, but certainly would have appreciated being informed about the Wildwood aspect. Like they say, "do your due diligence" before just moving down to a nicer place. It is understandable that the fine folks selling property down here do not mention you will officially be living in Wildwood. Obviously, for good reason! I do hope the Wildwood city government will handle this huge,new source of income wisely. Very strange and disappointing situation, but life goes on.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
How many "Villagers" realize that moving to the newer locations, (south of RT 44), of The Villages is really a relocation to WILDWOOD? We were only told that the water supplier would be Wildwood for awhile, but no mention of the "WildWood City TAX" which, in our case, is just under $1,100.00. We moved a year ago and were not advised of that fact by our sales agent. It was shocking to learn that we will be paying a"Wildwood City" tax.We have lived in two other communities within "The Villages" for the last nine years and thought we knew the area reasonably well. Our newest "Village" is beautiful and we love the neighborhood, tranquility, and views, but certainly would have appreciated being informed about the Wildwood aspect. Like they say, "do your due diligence" before just moving down to a nicer place. It is understandable that the fine folks selling property down here do not mention you will officially be living in Wildwood. Obviously, for good reason! I do hope the Wildwood city government will handle this huge,new source of income wisely. Very strange and disappointing situation, but life goes on.
The Wildwood taxes was the first item our rep told us, I had already researched on my own, so it was just a confirmation
Old 11-02-2019, 05:20 AM
Veteran member

I expect that is the difference between having a "sales rep" vs. a real estate agent.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:26 AM

Lot's of Great Discussion for someone like me trying to research my future digs. Thanks to all of you!!! Looking forward to our visit in December in The Village of Hemingway.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I expect that is the difference between having a "sales rep" vs. a real estate agent.
Suggest first going to open houses to find someone you like.
Closed Thread

Tags
sumter, taxes, villages, compare, counties

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.