Sumter vs. Marion

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Sumter vs. Marion

Can any one tell me the pros and cons of living in Marion County as opposed to Sumter..

I am looking in Chatham and would like opinions..

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 11-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Sage
Default Re: Sumter vs. Marion

Listen for the trains before you buy
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 PM

Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't believe Marion County returns any tax dollars to District 4 for road repairs to Buena Vista (non-gated road running through the Villages, for anyone's use), however, Sumter County does. District 4 also has to pay for landscaping to the commercial businesses out on 42 (Mulberry) as they refuse to pay since the original agreement made with them by the developer required homeowner's to pay their expenses. Again, correct me if I am wrong. Would love to hear the positives from anyone.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Eternal Member

I live in Marion county - Springdale area - and love it. As I have stated in other posts I have 15 golf courses within a 15 minute cart ride and I have a shopping center within 2 miles (Citizens bank, Walgreen's, Publix, Beef O'Bradys, Subway and a Shell station) and Lopez restaurant and Pool bar is minutes away. We also have the Mulberry and Chatham rec centers within minutes. The train that they talk about is only in the west side of Chatham near Amberwood and will not bother you if you live elsewhere in TV in Marion county.

We have a variety of houses from Premier to Villas.

My tax cost to the CCD4 was $450 this year so don't worry about the cost of maintaining the roads as was stated in an earlier post. I have seen worse roads in Sumter that are supposedply maintained. I am sure that all CCDs have to contribute to the taxes.

It is a 30 minute cart ride to Spanish Springs (and I am told the same to Sumter landing).

Take a ride out while you are here and look around.

Be glad to give you a tour. Maybe even a Bruster's stop.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Founder

Donna,

If you move to Chatham, we can pass notes back and forth to each other. ;D

JLK
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.