Sunday morning technical update

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Founder
Default Sunday morning technical update

When will things be back to normal? Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday. I received a message Thursday from the domain host that our domain name will be transferred officially to the new service on Monday. At that time, Darrel will be able to begin connecting the final dots to get everything on track back to normal.

Why does this take so long? Well, remember that fiasco when phone companies began switching your service back and forth without you knowing it (slamming)? The same thing is happening now in cyber space. In order to switch hosting, we have to apply, then get approval, then confirm to the old host, then apply, get approval, then confirm to the new host. There is also a four day "cooling off" period in which we can change our mind, or take action to block it. Lot's of BS, HUH?

Every month, we get an "URGENT" fax from some company telling us that our domain name is about to expire and we should respond immediately and pay the fee. They are bogus companies trying to trick us into switching to them.

In any event, it won't be long.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Sunday morning technical update

Thanks Talk Host for the update and also the sideway we can still access this site!

Becky
Old 10-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Thanks Jan...You guys are doing a fine job... :bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 10-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Gold member

Hello,

Thank you for the update. Appreciate all the hard work you are doing for all of us. I hope you know that we appreciate this site. I think in many ways, that is for me, it is like a lifeline to TV. Letting us learn about each other, life in TV and how to resolve potential problems.

I have learned so much from this site, it will make our transition here smoother and hopefully we will not be in for to many "surprises."

Thank you to the Administrators and to everyone of you out there in TV.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 10-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Veteran member

Speed is fine again...thanks for taking care of it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.