Sunkist living room extension

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2020, 12:32 PM
Default Sunkist living room extension

Hi,
New to TV ... has anyone extended the living of their Sunkist home onto the front porch?
Thanks,
Gary
Old 02-02-2020, 12:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbrinton View Post
Hi,
New to TV ... has anyone extended the living of their Sunkist home onto the front porch?
Thanks,
Gary
We live in a Sunkissed. Something to consider, we mounted a 55 inch flat screen tv on the wall between the pocket door that leads to bedrooms 2 and 3, and the front door. It fits perfect with the front door open (we have a storm door w/screen). We have a small shelf under the tv for tv box/DVD player. You will have plenty of room for couch/loveseat, and coffee table, and still have that open roomy feeling. And I think you will like having the front porch to sit on.
Just an option that cost around $400-$500. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:18 PM
Sage

Our across the street neighbors did a few years ago. They had to modify the roof-line. NOT sure what info. you're looking for but I do know that a few folks have done this. Probably not an in-expensive endeavor for a few more feet of living space.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Sunkissed is a 3 BR Cottage, vinyl siding. A little less expensive than a designer home. You prefer a little longer living room? When I looked at cottages the one 3 BR with a longer living room and also a more open kitchen with an island, is the Hammonk. Have you looked at those, there were many built in the established areas. Most all the ones I've seen have a vaulted ceiling which really gives you a large feeling in the living area. That's the one I was going to buy if I didn't buy a villa, which is what I bought.

The Villages Florida

Here's a Hammock for sale right now in Fenney, $269K

The Villages Florida
Old 02-03-2020, 07:30 AM

Contact Demetri homes & remodeling 352-427-2787. He has done many of of the extensions you are asking about. We had room in back so opted to push out, extend and enclose lanai. We also have the tv on wall by door and it opens up the living room
Old 02-03-2020, 06:35 PM

We had Advanced construction extend the living room and add golf cart garage. Makes the house much better. They can show you examples of their work.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:21 PM
Default Relocating the TV Hookup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
We live in a Sunkissed. Something to consider, we mounted a 55 inch flat screen tv on the wall between the pocket door that leads to bedrooms 2 and 3, and the front door. It fits perfect with the front door open (we have a storm door w/screen). We have a small shelf under the tv for tv box/DVD player. You will have plenty of room for couch/loveseat, and coffee table, and still have that open roomy feeling. And I think you will like having the front porch to sit on.
Just an option that cost around $400-$500. Good luck with whatever you decide.
I have a Sunkissed home, and love your idea of relocating the tv. I would need to move the tv cable hookup from the opposite wall. Who would you suggest I hire to do that - a tv/internet provider like Spectrum, or a contractor? Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 02-04-2020, 02:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekguitar View Post
I have a Sunkissed home, and love your idea of relocating the tv. I would need to move the tv cable hookup from the opposite wall. Who would you suggest I hire to do that - a tv/internet provider like Spectrum, or a contractor? Thanks for any suggestions!
I recommend calling Tom from Villages AV. He can do anything you need. I suggest a mounted braket that swings out in case you need easy access to HDMI, USB, or component ports.

Just a moment...

Strange...but the link works

Last edited by bagboy; 02-04-2020 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Funny link title
Old 02-04-2020, 06:10 PM

Well we didn't extend living room but we enclosed our lanai which is where we live and also created a 20x30 birdcage with a hot tub. We would rather be outside. We also screened in our front porch love it.
Closed Thread

Tags
sunkist, living, porch, front, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.