Sunpass Needed??

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2017, 08:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Take the shuttle! If you want a car, rent from Hertz or Enterprise when you arrive in The Villages.
Agree 100%.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

Do NOT go through without paying the toll. You'll get a costly ticket in the mail, that's happened to me (I didn't run the toll, the guy who took the car after me got it the day I turned it in LOL).

You don't need a sunpass for one trip.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:23 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
No there is not. There are many that do not have humans. The toll booth near the Orlando Executive Airport for 1.

Having a bad day???

The original post was TV to/from MCO.

Yes, there are many tolls without humans.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Remember you have to REGISTER THE CAR AND THE TAG in the SunPass, so I do not think this will work for a rental. Also, previous comments about just driving through the sunpass will get you big fines and a real surprise from the car rental company.

I would use the villages shuttle, just make sure your guest knows exactly where to get the shuttle and what they look like, too make people MISDIRECT people to the village TAXI.
If you decide to order the SunPass online and have it in your possession when you pick up the car, SunPass has a mobile app where you can add a vehicle, check the rental box, and enter the rental plate number. The tolls will only be billed to your pass, not the rental company.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:12 PM

Just a word of caution for anyone renting a car at MCO (or any other FL airport)......... several years ago, before we moved to TV, we flew down and rented a car that had a Sunpass transponder in it. I never thought to make sure it was turned OFF (the transponders the rental car companies use are different than the ones we can buy, and have an ON/OFF switch). Well, you guessed it...... not only did I pay cash for the tolls, but the Sunpass was charged as well. We were in FL for about 2 weeks and did a lot of driving around, and we ended up paying double tolls and for the use of the Sunpass. Expensive, lesson learned. If you don't want to pay for it, make sure it is turned OFF.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom53 View Post
If you decide to order the SunPass online and have it in your possession when you pick up the car, SunPass has a mobile app where you can add a vehicle, check the rental box, and enter the rental plate number. The tolls will only be billed to your pass, not the rental company.
Thanks for the info Tom53. I did not know there was a mobile app. I downloaded and it does just as you say. It gets bad reviews on the app store, which I do not understand. The app adds to the SunPass flexibility.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:57 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Having a bad day???

The original post was TV to/from MCO.

Yes, there are many tolls without humans.

As a matter of fact, having lovely day. Don't take it personal, just correcting an incorrect statement.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:13 AM
Veteran member

Recommend sunpass
Closed Thread

Tags
sunpass, rental, car, company, garmin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.