Coming soon...Private fitness club with indoor pool

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2015, 07:55 AM
Sage
Default Coming soon...Private fitness club with indoor pool

Monday, Jan 5 Daily Sun, page C5 ... advertisement for "Too your Health Spa V" being built on 441 across from Oakwood BBQ. They are building a 60 ft indoor pool as part of their facilities. Quick google search shows they have 4 other facilities, closest being in Belleview. The ad mentioned some introductory membership pricing.

Not a Villages amenity but an alternative for those who need an indoor pool.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

If and or when one is approved and built within TV I suspect it will not be an amenity either.

It will most likely have to be fee based somehow, like the futness centers are today, to be approved.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default found some membership info

http://tooyourhealthspa.yolasite.com/memberships.php
Old 01-06-2015, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Monday, Jan 5 Daily Sun, page C5 ... advertisement for "Too your Health Spa V" being built on 441 across from Oakwood BBQ. They are building a 60 ft indoor pool as part of their facilities. Quick google search shows they have 4 other facilities, closest being in Belleview. The ad mentioned some introductory membership pricing.

Good news. I lift my coffee cup to private business. Now all of the folks who swim every day can swim every day, even in cold weather. And those who are worried about skin cancer can swim in a covered pool. I think it is not a LOT percentage wise, but a need has been met and people will have an option to choose from.

Now we will hear from folks who don't agree and that is why I love this forum. Easy for me to say, I don't swim everyday.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post

Where is Oakwood BBQ?
Old 01-06-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Good news. I lift my coffee cup to private business.
Have to ask Gracie. Again, I'm not a villager yet, but will be this year (sometime). Are the facilities at the rec centers so bad? I'm still fairly young (mid 50's), but I lift weights all the time. I thought the rec centers had workout rooms. Do most villagers purchase outside exercise facilities?
Old 01-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulparrot View Post
Have to ask Gracie. Again, I'm not a villager yet, but will be this year (sometime). Are the facilities at the rec centers so bad? I'm still fairly young (mid 50's), but I lift weights all the time. I thought the rec centers had workout rooms. Do most villagers purchase outside exercise facilities?

There are regional rec centers with work out equipment. There is a charge to join. There are neighborhood rec centers with no work out rooms. All of the rec centers are in very good condition, very attractively and expensively decorated and well maintained.

If you want to hear it again, I could tell you all of the things that make you move around, cause your heart rate to increase and improve your muscle tone. Have you seen our electrical boxes and band stands?
Old 01-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Gold member

Quote:
there are no gyms (exercise equipment, weights, ect) in the rec centers.......
Old 01-06-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
There are regional rec centers with work out equipment. There is a charge to join. There are neighborhood rec centers with no work out rooms. All of the rec centers are in very good condition, very attractively and expensively decorated and well maintained.

If you want to hear it again, I could tell you all of the things that make you move around, cause your heart rate to increase and improve your muscle tone. Have you seen our electrical boxes and band stands?
LOL. Yeah, I've visited many a time when my mom lived there and still alive. Unfortunately, I'm a big bulky muscular guy, so my dance moves are not that flattering. I'll take part in it, but will still life. I'll bring most of my stuff with me. I just thought when I (am still am) doing my research, that the rec centers had fitness rooms (looks mostly cardio). Maybe I was looking at something else. Is there a Y near the villages?
Old 01-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Where is Oakwood BBQ?
What? You need to get out more.
OakWood Smokehouse and Grill, Barbeque, Catering Leesburg FL
Old 01-06-2015, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
there are no gyms (exercise equipment, weights, ect) in the rec centers.......
YES THERE ARE. You will find them at Laurel Manor, Lake Miona, Colony Cottage and Seabreeze (Is Einsenhower a regional rec center?). Also adjacent to Brownwood and golfcart accessible is a huge, new, privately owned fitness center.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Just when TV is being pressured for a AC pool one magically appears. Does the family have a new franchise business?

The Villages Florida
Old 01-06-2015, 09:14 AM
Sage

The Villages - Lifestyle

Here is a picture of a regional rec fitness center.

And TV Mayor.....I doubt it. Someone has seen an opportunity. The American way.

Picture won't cut and paste
Throughout the community you’ll find Fitness Centers located in the several of our Regional Recreation Centers. Hit the treadmill or the weight training machines and stay in shape to the tune of your own music or watch the TV’s that line the walls. Our Fitness Centers are just a golf car ride away, and allow you to enjoy physical workouts even closer to home.

Take a peek inside our Recreation Fitness Clubs! Play Video
Old 01-06-2015, 09:25 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
The rec center fitness facilities are pretty much what you would find in a hotel: small area, minimal weights - only one bench if I recall correctly - very basic; no adjacent bathroom, shower or adequately sized lockers. One must use the pool's shower room and lockers if you want to wash up. At the two I used the workout rooms were on the other side of the rec center from the pool shower rooms. Last time I was in TV it cost me $8 each time I went versus $15/month for 24 hour Fitness where I now reside.

Too, due to demand, if people were waiting to use cardio machines sign up sheets were on the wall. There was a 20 minute time limit on the cardio machines!

The Villages needs some adequate fitness centers!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 01-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
....If you want to hear it again, I could tell you all of the things that make you move around, cause your heart rate to increase and improve your muscle tone. Have you seen our electrical boxes and band stands?
Good one Gracie!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.