Swedish Proverb

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2019, 06:20 PM
Sage
Default Swedish Proverb

saw this on Facebook today--a Swedish proverb! "Fear less, hope more: eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours." How true-----could be words to live by.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
saw this on Facebook today--a Swedish proverb! "Fear less, hope more: eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours." How true-----could be words to live by.
I don't know if all good things will be yours, I don't buy into Karma, but, I am certain you will be happier.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:14 AM

“If I had more time I would have written you a shorter letter” - this quote has been attributed to Mark Twain.

Essentially meaning it takes less time to put together a poorly written, long letter than to do a thorough job by organizing ones thoughts and editing down a well written, succinct letter.

I like this quote.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:15 AM
Veteran member

Do unto others.........................
Old 09-21-2019, 08:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
...I don't buy into Karma, but, I am certain you will be happier.
Hmmm.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
I really needed that quote. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
I don't know if all good things will be yours, I don't buy into Karma, but, I am certain you will be happier.
I don't buy into "Karma" neither....BUT I do believe in The Golden Rule and good sense!!
Old 09-21-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I don't buy into "Karma" neither....BUT I do believe in The Golden Rule and good sense!!
Excuse me, I didn't mean to touch a nerve.

I only meant that I don't think doing good things will bring good things to me. I do believe that doing good things makes me happier.

If you believe that you will get good things in return for doing good things, that is great and I wish you well.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Excuse me, I didn't mean to touch a nerve.

I only meant that I don't think doing good things will bring good things to me. I do believe that doing good things makes me happier.

If you believe that you will get good things in return for doing good things, that is great and I wish you well.
You have no idea what I meant....it was a bunch of words that struck me. So many people complain, tend to criticize or are negative about LIFE around them. You didn't strike a nerve but apparently I did with you! What I believe is the Golden Rule (I was raised with it)!! That all said Joy and Happiness is an attitude that one can either embrace...or not.
Closed Thread

Tags
more;, swedish, proverb, things, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.