Swimming Pool Etiquette

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2019, 12:36 PM
Default Swimming Pool Etiquette

Just tried our local pool at the Postal Rec Center and to my surprise, Swimming Pool Etiquette appears lacking and or none existent.

“Some” of the guest; not sure if it’s a cultural thing but yelling, loud profanity, drinking from a glass container, smoking and eating while in or near the pool displays a complete lack of swimming pool etiquette which is unhealthy for other guest and just plain rude. Additionally, I believe I even observed an old fart peeing in the pool based on his body movements and facial expressions. GROSS !!!

I realize that many of the guest here at The Villages come from the NE where swimming pools are not as common as in Florida, but it’s time for “some” of us to change our old way of doing things and behave in a more courteous manner.

BTW - For the IDIOT swimming at The Sugar Cane Rec Center this Sunday afternoon wearing a man thong and weighing in at over 275 pounds --- GROSS to the max !!!
Old 07-23-2019, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,298 Times in 819 Posts

Some neighborhoods have more culture than others. Did you research that before buying ? Perhaps you did not notice the lawn ornaments of old ladies bent over and little boys peeing in fountains ?
Old 07-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
Just tried our local pool at the Postal Rec Center and to my surprise, Swimming Pool Etiquette appears lacking and or none existent.

“Some” of the guest; not sure if it’s a cultural thing but yelling, loud profanity, drinking from a glass container, smoking and eating while in or near the pool displays a complete lack of swimming pool etiquette which is unhealthy for other guest and just plain rude. Additionally, I believe I even observed an old fart peeing in the pool based on his body movements and facial expressions. GROSS !!!

I realize that many of the guest here at The Villages come from the NE where swimming pools are not as common as in Florida, but it’s time for “some” of us to change our old way of doing things and behave in a more courteous manner.

BTW - For the IDIOT swimming at The Sugar Cane Rec Center this Sunday afternoon wearing a man thong and weighing in at over 275 pounds --- GROSS to the max !!!
Glass and smoking is not allowed, call the security guys.
There are people banned from pools because of their behavior.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

All the reasons why I have my own pool.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:19 PM
Platinum member

Go inside rec ctr and report it.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

You are having more than your share of trouble. Several weeks ago you wrote that you were "accosted at Publix". Now this. I think your experiences are atypical. But people MAY pee in Lake Sumter. I have heard good data on that.

I have wondered since I read this post of yours from last month who these gals were;

Accosted at the Local Publix

P.S. WHICH exact pool was it that the guy was wearing the thong? Asking for a friend.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:33 PM
Veteran member

It says Sugar Cane Rec Center Pool...Fenney?
Old 07-23-2019, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
One good thing that has happened in more enlightened persons is the realization that body shaming is wrong. While generally this awareness is mostly about not shaming women about weight it also applies to men. Your comment is lacking in civility and etiquette while you are so busy being outraged by the behavior of others.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
One good thing that has happened in more enlightened persons is the realization that body shaming is wrong. While generally this awareness is mostly about not shaming women about weight it also applies to men. Your comment is lacking in civility and etiquette while you are so busy being outraged by the behavior of others.
Very good!
Old 07-23-2019, 02:52 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
I realize that many of the guest here at The Villages come from the NE where swimming pools are not as common as in Florida, but it’s time for “some” of us to change our old way of doing things and behave in a more courteous manner
That's a hell of a generalization for all the problems you are citing. Seems there are a few snobs that hang out at the pools also.
Steve
Old 07-23-2019, 03:41 PM
Sage

slobs are slobs--no shaming needed
Old 07-23-2019, 03:58 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

some people just like to complain.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 07-23-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post

I politely disagree...…

An "HONEST" comment about an elderly gross dude that has a body weight of over 275 pounds, only 5 feet tall and also wearing a thong to a public swimming pool obviously can't see that he is morbidly obese. If only more uncivil persons such myself brought his physical appearance to his attention, then possible his life would be extended by suggesting a diet. Just my opinion....
Old 07-23-2019, 04:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
some people just like to complain.
From The Urban Dictionary :

"haters gonna hate"
A phrase used to acknowledge individual superiority in the face of negative external accusations. Can be repeated twice for emphasis. Often accompanied by a strutting walk away from offending party.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
I politely disagree...…

An "HONEST" comment about an elderly gross dude that has a body weight of over 275 pounds, only 5 feet tall and also wearing a thong to a public swimming pool obviously can't see that he is morbidly obese. If only more uncivil persons such myself brought his physical appearance to his attention, then possible his life would be extended by suggesting a diet. Just my opinion....
IMHO I have to politely say "WOW"!
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, swimming, etiquette, it’s, guest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.