Swimming pools

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2021, 11:29 AM

I understand why contractors are allowed to use the neighborhood rest rooms but if they are PUBLIC restrooms why are the supplies and maintenance paid by fees from Villagers and not public tax dollars?
Old 01-21-2021, 12:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down It's Open Season

We live near and close to a pool and I can assure you everyone uses the restroom and as far as the usage of the pool it is essentially open to all. If you are at the pool when someone comes to check out that only residents and guests are using the pool you can watch the ones in the chairs get up and dive in the pool so they are not checked! About
6-10 years ago the person(s) checking use would ask the person's in the pool to come out and show their residents/guests doc's. Today that is VERY RARE. The person's charged with that responsibility drive in, take a quick look at who is in the pool area and drive out. The other most annoying practice is that some come to the pool with recorders and radios and play loud music and they are just overlooked by the person(s) checking the pool. Note:It would be nice if all of the insecure wise guys who thinks they are gods gift to humor when they are just annoying to those with an IQ over 100 go back to their "Leave it to Beaver" TV Shows and allow the others to have decent intelligent interchanges. Given the annoyance's at the pools this is still the best place in America to live.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce T View Post
Pools are only open to Village residents. This is in part of our monthly fees.
And are you foolish enough to think “outsiders” dot come in and use them especially when there is no real checking of ids?
Old 01-22-2021, 07:11 AM

[QUOTE=billlaur;1889528]Can anyone tell me if the pools and bathrooms at the pools are open to the public or just for use by card carrying (id cards) villages...

To use the Villages pools you have to be a Villages resident or guest and have a Villages I.D. or guest I.D. which is why we pay amenity fees. Except for family pools you also have to be over I think 30. I have seen workers use the bathrooms but otherwise should be a resident. Thats why we have gate cards although others can get in by pushing button but should not be here unless working or delivery and should not be using facilities.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaur View Post
Can anyone tell me if the pools and bathrooms at the pools are open to the public or just for use by card carrying (id cards) villagers?
They are for villagers and at our pool they check for id’s regularly. Yes the bathrooms get used all the time by visiting contractors/venders etc. When you need to go so be it. It would be nice to set up accommodations for them to use.
Closed Thread

Tags
pools, swimming, public, cards, carrying

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.