swimming pools

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: swimming pools

Swimming pools do have a way of being costly to maintain. We have a 16x32 inground pool here at our North Carolina home that we have owned for the past 28 years. During that period we have replaced the vinyl liner 3 times at ~$2000 a pop and new sand filter system once along with the normal yearly supply of chemicals. Also as someone stated earlier it didn't help selling the house. But after 3.5 months we got our first offer which we accepted and should have the closing in early November. But as far as owning another home with a pool, the answer is no. Was nice for the first 15 or so years but after that became a pain.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:54 PM

Now you all have me thinking. A pool was on my "must have" list for TV. I've noticed that not too many homes have pools in TV so I've been looking at resales with pool. After reading these posts maybe I should rethink. I wanted a pool since I don't think I'll be going to the rec center every day. I had not heard about salt water instead of chlorine. It sounds as though that's the way to go. Again, I'm rethinking the idea since perhaps it may be too expensive.

As always TOTV is full of good points and answers lots of questions. Thank you all.

Pili
Old 10-10-2007, 09:15 PM

Pools are great don't get me wrong but when TV have so many pools that are heated why other than for looks and convenience would you need a pool in your backyard. We have had a pool for over 30 years in every home we owned. At our age a spa has less to maintain, cheaper and on those lazy days when you don't want to walk around the corner to TV pool it is right outside the back door. Also we don't need a pool for the other 8 months we aren't around.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.