switching from Munns

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Sage
Default switching from Munns

We currently have been using Munns for our a/c maintenance--if we switch to Chuck Farrell will Carrier still validate the warranty

From what I see in the neighborhood--Munn's can get quite creative--our house is almost 9 years old
Old 03-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
We currently have been using Munns for our a/c maintenance--if we switch to Chuck Farrell will Carrier still validate the warranty

From what I see in the neighborhood--Munn's can get quite creative--our house is almost 9 years old

Yes & how is Munn’s creative ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2018, 03:15 PM

The Carrier warranty is generally based on the serial number of the equipment. For example let's say the serial number on the condensing unit (outdoor unit) begins with 2207....etc. that would mean the particular unit was manufactured during the 22nd week of 2007 and that the ten year compressor warranty would expire on or about the 22nd week of 2017. And, as it pertains to Carrier they are a fair and reasonable company and will try to honor any warranty in effect at the expiration date..if that makes sense.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Our Carrier, which wasn't installed by Munns but by Sunshine, was only guaranteed for 1 year by Carrier. The remaining years was through Sunshine or what looks like a repair insurance policy from Sunshine.

Maybe that policy carries over to another dealer... maybe not.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts
Default Here is the correct answer

No service by ANY firm is required for your warranty. Doubt me? Read it for yourself Warranty | Carrier Residential
Old 03-03-2018, 06:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Ours install was sunshine, switched to sunkool, I like sunkools service guy better. Now we use Chuck. He is honest and when we had a warranty problem Chuck took care of it.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:

Chuck Farrell is the greatest. Very reasonable, and most of all honest !!
Closed Thread

Tags
munns, neighborhood--munns, warranty, house, years

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.