Symbols on post

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2022, 06:39 AM
Default Symbols on post

I haven't been able to find what the symbols at the bottom of a post stand for. Could someone explain them or direct me to where I can find out their meanings?

Thanks
Old 08-05-2022, 09:23 AM

If it isn't obvious who owns the post (power company, whatever), I would start by calling District Property Management: 352-753-4022.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsuallyLurking View Post
If it isn't obvious who owns the post (power company, whatever), I would start by calling District Property Management: 352-753-4022.
Hahahahaha
Old 08-05-2022, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldseekur View Post
I haven't been able to find what the symbols at the bottom of a post stand for. Could someone explain them or direct me to where I can find out their meanings?

Thanks
Uhhh, what "post" are you referring to? Forum posts? Lamp Posts? Posts cards? Post Toasties?

If you mean the forum posts, just try each one. You can't break it. They seem pretty obvious except maybe for "multi-quote" which allows to you "quote" multiple posts from others then reply to them in one single reply rather than multiple replies. I don't see "symbols" except for the "thumbs up" which lets you "LIKE" a post (one of the dumbest things ever invented thanks to Facebook).

EXAMPLE OF MULTI-QUOTE:

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsuallyLurking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
Hahahahaha
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-05-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Thanks
I know I shouldn't tack on this question, but the Devil made me do it. What do the "Thanks" and "Thanked xxx times in xxx posts" mean? How do you thank someone?
Old 08-05-2022, 05:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlnc View Post
I know I shouldn't tack on this question, but the Devil made me do it. What do the "Thanks" and "Thanked xxx times in xxx posts" mean? How do you thank someone?
You click the "thumbs up" button to "thank (ie. LIKE)" a specific post. "THANKS" = "LIKES" "Thanked XX Times" is how many times people thought your previous posts were amazing and want to show their love. Frankly (thankly?) I'd prefer if you send me $50.

I "thanked" your post so you can feel the love and affection of being "liked" .
Old 08-05-2022, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
You click the "thumbs up" button to "thank (ie. LIKE)" a specific post. "THANKS" = "LIKES" "Thanked XX Times" is how many times people thought your previous posts were amazing and want to show their love. Frankly (thankly?) I'd prefer if you send me $50.

I thanked you back! I was wondering if the "thumbs up" was supposed to be the equivalent of a "thank"...it doesn't seem to quite fit.
Old 08-06-2022, 06:40 AM

This got stupid real quick
Old 08-06-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlnc View Post
Um by saying thank you
Old 08-06-2022, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
This got stupid real quick
And all the unnecessary negative "stupid" comments in 90% of the topics here that don't contribute in any possible way really help. NOT.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:54 AM
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post

Ed, You are a mensch. I thanked you too 🥰❤️💝
Old 08-06-2022, 11:55 AM
Smile Smilies

Quote:

Thanks
Despite the answers you're getting, I'm guessing that you are asking about the cute symbols that appear at the end of messages on TOTV. If so, when you
write a post or respond to a post on TOTV there is a box that pops up to the right of the message box that shows what they call Smilies. If you put your cursor over any of those symbols, it says what it is. If you click on More at the bottom of that box another small pop-up will appear listing all available Smilies and what they are. To include one in your message just click on the one you want.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,315 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR720 View Post
Despite the answers you're getting, I'm guessing that you are asking about the cute symbols that appear at the end of messages on TOTV. If so, when you
write a post or respond to a post on TOTV there is a box that pops up to the right of the message box that shows what they call Smilies. If you put your cursor over any of those symbols, it says what it is. If you click on More at the bottom of that box another small pop-up will appear listing all available Smilies and what they are. To include one in your message just click on the one you want.
What is ////////
Old 08-06-2022, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
What is ////////
The same as this ///.

A poster removes the contents of a post.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:

Thanks
RePost on Facebook
Thank this post
See who has thanked this post
E-mail the person who wrote this post
Subscribe to this post so you get a notification that there's been new replies.
Reply self-explanatory
Multi-Quote This Message press this if you want to include the post in a whole other person's post that you reply to.
Quick Reply just type stuff, nothing is being quoted and you're just posting to the thread, not in response to any one specific post.
Closed Thread

Tags
symbols, find, post, meanings, direct

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.