At&t

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up At&t

The latest POA Bulletin has an article on their success in getting attention from AT&T and the commitment by AT&T to fix the problems in TV's. It would appear there will be results which should fix the cell coverage in the exposed Villages. Also, AT&T made a deal with the POA to allow those with poor reception to purchast a micro-cell at a 75% discount (e.g. $49 vs $199 list)
and it should strengthen the reception until the new towers which have been approved are installed in the 2nd or 3rd quarters.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Sage

http://www.poa4us.org/bulletins_file...etin201202.pdf

See p. 7 for the AT&T article.

Bill
Old 02-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
The latest POA Bulletin has an article on their success in getting attention from AT&T and the commitment by AT&T to fix the problems in TV's. It would appear there will be results which should fix the cell coverage in the exposed Villages. Also, AT&T made a deal with the POA to allow those with poor reception to purchast a micro-cell at a 75% discount (e.g. $49 vs $199 list)
and it should strengthen the reception until the new towers which have been approved are installed in the 2nd or 3rd quarters.
We live in Virginia and don't really have reception problems with our AT&T iPhones. AT&T just sent us a coupon, over a year ago, for a FREE micro-cell. Perhaps the POA could get an even better deal? Just a thought. If reception is that bad in parts of The Villages, it seems like it'd very nice if AT&T gave them to people.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

POA may think it was them that caused AT&T to build the towers, but me, I think it was the constant badgering and petitioning and calling from Swimdawg. Thank you Swimdawg!!

I gave up and switched to Verizon but Sweetie still has AT&T because that is his ongoing number for work.

He is constantly standing outside in order to remain connected. Some areas in TV are worse than others to drop calls. It is a LITTLE better than it was four years ago. I hope they build those towers fast.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I gave up and switched to Verizon but Sweetie still has AT&T because that is his ongoing number for work. He is constantly standing outside in order to remain connected.
Isn't he aware that he can change to Verizon while keeping the same number? It's called porting. His AT&T number can be ported to Verizon.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:18 AM
Default Porting

Yep, porting is the answer. I gave up on all the hollow AT&T promises and switched to Verizon. Why fool with such lousy service and promises that never come about.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 PM

You can also get a credit from AT&T if you previously bought a micro cell at full price. I bought one when I moved here in Jan. After reading the article, I went to the AT&T store and got a credit.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Smile AT&T Microcell

We live in the Village of Poinciana near Cane Garden in a Grantham Villa with poured concrete walls. No AT&T reception inside and still pretty poor outside. Seeing the POA article and realizing the new towers could still be 10+ months away, we decided to try the $49.99 microcell offer. Picked one up this afternoon at the AT&T store (no strings attached, can be returned within 30 days for full refund with no restocking fees). Was easy to hook up and was activated and working in less than 60 minutes. Works great. Five bars inside/outside! I still think AT&T should have provided these units for free, but having said that, fifty bucks is worth eliminating the aggravation of dropped calls.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.