AT&T coverage in northern part of TV

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't understand why anyone would use any of the national cell networks other than Verizon. It is consistently rated as the best of the 4 national networks. And, there are plenty of cell phone services that use the Verizon network, so cost is not an issue. I use Xfinity Mobile on the Verizon network, and my monthy bill is $13.78.
Yeah but how much do they gouge you for wifi and cable
Old 06-18-2021, 08:09 AM

Go through Xfinity. The price is for 1 gig. If you get it, you'll become a wifi junkie. Everywhere you go you'll want to get the wifi pw. Way worth it.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sborlove View Post
AT&T is terrible in the Villages and around Florida. Was with them since their cellular inception but moved to FL. Finally when I had enough of their poor service and expense I moved over to Verizon. Comcast uses Verizon. If you have their internet service they run specials that will get you the mobile part that you can save a ton. I now have 4 phones on the service and pay by the gig. 10 gigs for $30.00. That's right....I only pay $30.00 for 4 phones using Comcast (which is Verizon) instead of paying AT&T for lousy service and expense. NO this is not an add for Verizon but I got sick of dropped calls and not being able to call or receive calls using AT&T. If you can leave them do it.
We have no problem at all with AT&T, except very limited spots in Brownwood Paddock Square, and I also had a bit of static when we had our lifestyle visit in the same area a few years ago.

From what I understand they've added more connectivity since then, though the last time I was in Brownwood (maybe 6 months ago) there was still that one spot that had some static on the line.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:46 PM

I've had Consumer Cellular for eight years. Great service, and I like that you can go and change your plan without having to contact them. And if you go over your minutes, they move you up to the next level so no extra charge. No problem with coverage up North or even out in Ca.
Old 06-18-2021, 05:04 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,082 Times in 295 Posts
Thumbs down

We moved to Woodway recently, with ATT, and the service was unusable in the house. We switched to Consumer Cellular for half the money and it's much better, although it's had its moments, too. But what I really like about them is they answer the phone and you can talk to an actual human!

For instance, the service dropped off a couple of weeks ago to AT&T levels, so I called to see what was going on. I was talking to a human speaking actual English without some indecipherable accent within a minute. I learned that the network (t-mobile) was installing a new tower for 5g, and for some unknown reason that confused the phones. She did something and then had us reboot our phones. It solved the problem.

By the way, we upgraded our phones when we changed, to Moto 5g phones for $250/apiece. They're great -- best phones we've ever had. But I still haven't figured out what's so great about 5g. Whatever it is, we've got it.
Old 06-18-2021, 05:31 PM

They are putting up new towers for
First responders ??
Closed Thread

Tags
at&t, service, cell, bars, week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.