T-Mobile Feedback, Please

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2018, 01:02 PM
Veteran member
Default T-Mobile Feedback, Please

I am intrigued about the 55+ plan T-Mobile is offering. 2 lines for $60 which gives you unlimited talk, text and data in the USA and also free roaming for data and text in 140 countries. International calls from one of these countries is only .20/minute but are free if you use WiFi calling.

I am interested in any feedback, good and bad on T-Mobile. How is the local coverage? How is the customer service? Have you used your phone internationally and how was your experience?

Our current service provider is AT&T and we've been with them for a long, long time. Local costs are similar to T-Mobile and coverage is excellent (except in Fenney). It's the international charges for AT&T that are crazy expensive.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-13-2018, 01:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

We have the new $60 plan. When we moved here 8 years ago, T Mobile coverage wasn't very good. In fairness to them, we now have new android phones and our service bars are usually strong throughout The Villages. I think new phone technology makes a difference. Coverage from Ohio to South Carolina to Florida is good. Can't say about international coverage. We are long time T Mobile customers and customer service has been very good over the years. I recommend the plan.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:19 PM
Location: Rockville, MD and Sawgrass Villas, Village of St. James

We switched to the T Mobile 55 plan and are pleased with it. Their coverage in TV is similar to AT&T which we had for at least 15 years. We had a free micro cell with AT&T and have a free one with T Mobile as well. AT&T wouldn't match T Mobile's plan so we switched. Customer service has been excellent so far. Verizon has better coverage in TV but much more expensive. T Mobile said they have permission to add more cell sites.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:44 PM
Platinum member

My son has us on his T-Mobile plan. I don't think the coverage is as good as Verizon but it works for us. It is superb internationally. I have a new Samsung 8 and it has a stronger antenna so coverage has improved.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:00 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

If you have AT&T now with no problems, have you considered Cricket Wireless? It uses AT&T towers. Have used it from Maine to FL with no problems. Don't know about international travel - have never done that and have no need/intention to. There is a Cricket business over in La Plaza Grande by Spanish Springs. Staff there was super when they graduated me from a flip phone to a smart phone last year!

Our Best Cell Phone Plans: Cheap, Prepaid Phone Plans - Cricket
$50/mo after Auto Pay credit
(Auto Pay credit not available with Group Save discounts or select promotional offers)
Cricket Unlimited 2 plan includes:
•Unlimited data access* with max speed 3Mbps
•Video streaming at SD quality (about 480p)
•Unlimited calls, texts and picture messages across the U.S.
•Unlimited texts from the U.S. to 38 countries
•Data access plus unlimited calls, texts and picture messages to and from Mexico, Canada and the U.S. (Min. 50% U.S. usage required.)

Old 02-14-2018, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Actually where I am att and t-mobile have literally zero coverage for about 3 blocks from our home. We switched to Verizon pre-paid for $85 for 2 lines with 8 gig data for EACH line. Was about $45 less a month than att for twice the data and full coverage in and around our neighborhood. We seem to be on a hill blocking the att tower.

---------
My user name should be EdF(formerly from)NJ and glad to be gone. [emoji3]
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:16 AM
Gold member

we just switched to T-mobile $60 plan and purchased 2 Revvl Plus phones, paid cash, no financing, no insurance, no extra junk we would not ever use....used auto pay ,and got the 1st bill last week. $60 exactly. Service compared to our old flip phone, sprint, more or less the same, but we do now enjoy the internet and texting, both of which we didn't have with our sprint plan from 20 years.

PS...T-mobile stores charge different prices, go to the store in the Publix plaza in Spanish Springs. They are corporate and they are so friendly, and we needed lots of schooling.

we also went to the flea market in Ocala and the cell assessories stores hooked us up with cases and covers for our phones. cheap prices....so we are set.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:23 PM
Veteran member

Thank you to those who have replied. I'm sure there are others in TV that have T-Mobile now or in the past. I'm also looking for info for T-Mobile coverages in other parts of the USA. Please weigh in and I'm rocking back and forth between switching or staying with AT&T. The only reason for my switch is to get the free international features.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
Thank you to those who have replied. I'm sure there are others in TV that have T-Mobile now or in the past. I'm also looking for info for T-Mobile coverages in other parts of the USA. Please weigh in and I'm rocking back and forth between switching or staying with AT&T. The only reason for my switch is to get the free international features.
LTE Comparison Map | Compare Network Coverage | T-Mobile
You can get most of your coverage questions answered online.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
LTE Comparison Map | Compare Network Coverage | T-Mobile

You can get most of your coverage questions answered online.

That service is not very accurate for my home. It shows full coverage at my location when in reality there is virtually ZERO coverage at, in, and within almost 2 blocks of my house both on TMO and ATT (Verizon is full coverage).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:30 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

I had T-Mobile for years before switching to Cricket [at&t towers] and had satisfactory phone connections in populated areas but suffered dropped calls along I95 thru NC and SC and spotty connections in Maine and New Hampshire. My only use was in travelling the I95 corridor from Maine to Florida and all around NJ. NJ coverage was usually always good.

Old 02-21-2018, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We have 3 lines for $84. With unlimited talk text. There are a few places in TV I have spotty coverage, but one of us is retired, coverage is not as big a deal as the one who stills get business calls. We still have a landline, due to being on call.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:04 PM

I currently have the T-Mobile 55 plus plan and really like it. The service has been great as well as the customer service. I have not used it internationally yet. I just bought a home in TV, but haven’t moved in yet and was wondering how well T-Mobile works in the area myself. I bought in Pine Ridge. When I am there my phone doesn’t work well, but that is because it’s a Verizon phone with a T-Mobile SIM card, so I am searching now for a new phone and hope to get good reception in TV.
Closed Thread

Tags
t-mobile, feedback, free, service, local

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.