AT&T service

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
I live south of Lake Sumter Landing (village of Dunedin) and the signal in our house from AT&T was so close to non-existent when we moved here that we switched to Verizon (which actually isn't all that terribly great either). We were able to get a weak signal outside of the hose but not so much inside. We probably need more cell towers scattered through The Villages, but I'm sure nobody wants them in their back yards.
I used to have AT&T but now have Cricket Wireless which uses AT&T Towers. My home service is OK but what I did was turn on WiFi calling in my settings which most cel providers will support.This way when at home, a friends, or out and about, as long as I can connect to a WiFi signal my phone will use that if the cel signal is not adequate.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:46 PM

We have AT&T and are in Southern Oaks...south of 44. ATT has dead spots along Morse on either side on Continental and weak service the remaining area South of 44. We use wifi in the house to accept and make phone calls which helps. Looking for a better service provider! But don't know who to believe....
Old 07-12-2019, 11:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

I didn't notice mention of T-Mobile, not an exhaustive test but it worked well everywhere I went during a recent Lifestyles visit.

55 Plus plan is $50 if you autopay

Coverage map here:

4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile
Old 07-13-2019, 06:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question As We Grow

It goes without saying that as The Villages grows so do the needs for increased infrastructures. The phone systems are a part of the additional needs and it takes Towers to ensure residents phones work. Some on the fringe of a tower will receive weak signals and some will have none. Seeing the growth on the South Side of the Villages may exceed the ability of the phone companies to keep up. Because one resident may get a signal and another near by does not or is weak re enforces the growth is exceeding infrastructures.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:23 AM
Sage

Mint Mobile, which uses T-Mobile, is $15 per month prepaid with 3 GBytes of data per month, plus taxes and fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
I didn't notice mention of T-Mobile, not an exhaustive test but it worked well everywhere I went during a recent Lifestyles visit.

55 Plus plan is $50 if you autopay

Coverage map here:

4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile
Closed Thread

Tags
service, at&t, villages, app, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.