Tailgaters

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2020, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie1950 View Post
Then take the car!!!!!
Or are u talking about a hurry up call for potty purposes?
This is a retirement community. What do you think??? 😂😂
Old 09-27-2020, 06:36 AM

You may be one of those that toddle around really slowly and think nothing of the line of carts behind you just like so many here do in cars on 441 in the fast lane. It is your right but, if you don't like it, just pull over, wave, and let them by. If you spent that much time looking in your mirror watching, you are being unsafe, not the other. The hint for you was ridding your butt. What you do with the hint is up to you.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:07 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfortin View Post
You may be one of those that toddle around really slowly and think nothing of the line of carts behind you just like so many here do in cars on 441 in the fast lane. It is your right but, if you don't like it, just pull over, wave, and let them by. If you spent that much time looking in your mirror watching, you are being unsafe, not the other. The hint for you was ridding your butt. What you do with the hint is up to you.
Well said. Love the pokes on 441 in the left lane going 25 in a 55 mph zone because they know 15 miles up the road they are going to make a left turn. Can you take a hint when all the cars behind you pass you and cut in front of you? Maybe some of these drivers should have given up licenses years ago and also had their golf carts taken away
Old 09-27-2020, 07:13 AM

Yes
Old 09-27-2020, 07:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfortin View Post
My electric cart does 19.5 MPH (I have a speedometer), and I guess I'm one of the toddlers you mention. Guess what? Golf carts are limited by law to a speed limit of 20 MPH - any speed higher than 20 MPH makes them no longer golf carts, and drivers can be ticketed. If you want to pass me, then pass me. But don't tailgate me.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Maybe he knew but that doesn't mean he was doing it on purpose. Could have been very nervous and had a reason to drive like he did. Or maybe just unaware of his actions.

you can tell the difference...there was no nervousness...he was just being a jerk
Old 09-27-2020, 09:09 AM

I get close to cars in my golf cart making sure they can see me in their side view mirror when they are going extremely slow in their cars . Gotta watch at intersections though , no matter how wide they are some feel the need to swing out wide into the other lane to make a turn .
Old 09-27-2020, 03:23 PM

Recently, driving the speed limit in my car with a golf cart following tight to my back bumper, I stopped at a stop sign. The guy threw up his arms yelling!!! (Glad I couldn't hear). Obviously, he was not planning on stopping for a stop sign!!!
Old 09-27-2020, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,902 Times in 914 Posts
Default Nice response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys37Packard View Post
My cart is slow, tops at 18 with a good tailwind... I know I’m slower than most so when I see someone closing in on me, I look ahead, if it’s safe, I’ll move slowly over while waving them on, they go by, usually wave or yell thank you, and I slide back and get back to my breakneck speed. 2 people happy and going about their day. If I ignore them and stand my ground or go even slower, it just gets them agitated, and I might feel better about myself, but I just made someone mad. I like it better when everyone is having a great day. Life is too short to let little things bother me. IF I had to wave 4 or 8 carts around and slowing a bit, it might make my trip take an extra minute all told. Enjoy your day.
Very mature attitude and realization that people are worrying about seconds, which in the grand scheme of life, isn't that important in retirement. its not a race and losing a couple of seconds by moving over to let a fast cart pass helps the world work a little smoother

sportsguy
Old 09-28-2020, 09:44 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggdawg View Post
Recently, driving the speed limit in my car with a golf cart following tight to my back bumper, I stopped at a stop sign. The guy threw up his arms yelling!!! (Glad I couldn't hear). Obviously, he was not planning on stopping for a stop sign!!!
Oh yeah! Whether in a car or golf cart stopping for a stop sign with someone behind you is the sure way to tick them off here in the villages!
Old 09-29-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
My electric cart does 19.5 MPH (I have a speedometer), and I guess I'm one of the toddlers you mention. Guess what? Golf carts are limited by law to a speed limit of 20 MPH - any speed higher than 20 MPH makes them no longer golf carts, and drivers can be ticketed. If you want to pass me, then pass me. But don't tailgate me.
I agree 100%
Old 09-29-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
What is with some of you tailgaters riding the rear of golf carts here in the villages? Is your depth perception that bad or are you deliberately trying to cause an accident. I had to pull aside this morning on paige place at Hacienda rec center to avoid being hit from behind.
Thank you for pulling over and letting faster vehicles pass. That is the appropriate action to take when you drive slower than traffic behind you.
Closed Thread

Tags
tailgaters, hit, accident, pull, morning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.