Take This Seriously Folks

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2020, 09:04 AM

yes LET'S ALL DO IT TOGETHER... and also think about the small things. I walk Moyer Loop a lot and have been noticing cigarette buts littering the road and sidewalks. Along with it looking terrible those butts may have the virus on them and can endanger those of us who walk and folks who are responsible for cleaning. Please keep your butts and throw away responsibly.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Going to neighborhood walmart soon (running out of veggies/protein etc) And will wear a mask for the first time - will be SUPER careful and aware of all surroundings re others, touching, etc. Will be interesting to see if others follow the 'rules'.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:10 AM

My sympathy to you and family. A horrendous and heart braking ordeal. Thank you for posting and hoping more people take this evil virus more seriously. My prayers and thought are with all..God Bless
Old 04-05-2020, 12:22 PM

The effect of the virus is not kidney failure. The kidney failure actually occurs because the body is not getting enough oxygen and organs fail because of it. You are right it is affecting a lot of people who have kidney failure. So it is associated with the virus because the virus effects the lungs and the lungs are unable to get enough oxygen to the organs. Doesn’t really matter now does it. I am so sorry for your loss of such a wonderful man.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:52 PM
Send a message via AIM to emjzurawski91@gmail.com

You talk about 20% of the people not wearing masks! Where can we get them??
Old 04-05-2020, 02:45 PM

Thanks for the many thoughtful responses. If this post has helped anybody better understand what this COVID-19 is all about, my friend will be pleased.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:36 PM
Default Not tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
I am so sorry for your loss, and I know what that kind of loss does to a family, having lost my daughter.(not to the virus). At least some family were with him. I cannot think what it must be like for families who cannot be with their loved ones in their finals hours. WAKE UP FLORIDA and those who think the rules dont apply to them. Lake, Sumter and Marion Counties have a combined total of cases one quarter less than of that of Orange County alone. We must be doing something right LETS ALL DO IT TOGETHER. united we stand divided we fall.....
I'm sorry but what you say is not true regarding our count. We have NOT been tested except for a few who were able to get appointments at the Polo Grounds. The actual tests for people in The Villages is well under 2000. We have no idea how many may be walking around with it, waiting to show up or worse being asymptomatic. Until a large portion of Villagers are tested, we are all living under false "illusions"
Old 04-05-2020, 04:07 PM
Default Neither!

Quote:
Originally Posted by towgo View Post
I went to Sams yesterday. (4/4). maybe 20% had masks. Either they are stupid or don't care about other people. very distubing.
I am shopping without a mask because I can't find one to buy. You ever consider that???
DUH. Toilet paper is easier to find right now, sir, than masks!
My neighborhood is gathering supplies and I am borrowing a sewing machine to begin making masks for the hospital workers (and yes, I will finally get one myself because I am going to be able to make one.)
Old 04-06-2020, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjzurawski91@gmail.com View Post
You talk about 20% of the people not wearing masks! Where can we get them??
Quick and easy home made face covering videos are in abundance on YouTube. You can call it a mask if you like but our government is pleading with us to just cover our face.

This instructional video is very easy and basic. There are countless videos instructing how to make face masks using a sewing method or no sew method. There is also plenty of information online about which materials are best for the mask and which materials are best for adding a filter inside the mask.

DIY No Sew Face Mask Easy and Quick for Anyone - YouTube
Old 04-06-2020, 03:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnberg View Post
I'm sorry but what you say is not true regarding our count. We have NOT been tested except for a few who were able to get appointments at the Polo Grounds. The actual tests for people in The Villages is well under 2000. We have no idea how many may be walking around with it, waiting to show up or worse being asymptomatic. Until a large portion of Villagers are tested, we are all living under false "illusions"
Let's not forget that a person sheds the virus for two days before showing symptoms also. I have no link for this information but I have heard this countless times on the news.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchs View Post
I am shopping without a mask because I can't find one to buy. You ever consider that???
My neighborhood is gathering supplies and I am borrowing a sewing machine to begin making masks for the hospital workers (and yes, I will finally get one myself because I am going to be able to make one.)
You probably have the makings of a home made mask at your fingertips right in your house. Do you have a handkerchief, a cloth napkin, a paper towel? Do you have rubberbands or hair ties? Wha La......makings of a face covering and you don't even have to sew! This takes about a minute to assemble.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

If you have a scarf or even a t shirt you have a mask!!!
Old 04-06-2020, 03:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchs View Post
I went online and ordered a “Buff.” This is put over the head and sits on the neck like a turtleneck. When you need it, you simply pull it up to cover the mouth and nose. Looks comfortable and has 50SPF. Clearly, not N95 protection but it fits snugly (stretch fabric). I ordered mine on Amazon since I had difficulty with the Buff site. It was about $25. They come in lots of colors and patterns but most were sold out.
I am awaiting delivery so that’s all I know. We strictly stay home but if there’s an emergency requiring a doctor or store visit, I’ll be prepared.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I went online and ordered a “Buff.” This is put over the head and sits on the neck like a turtleneck. When you need it, you simply pull it up to cover the mouth and nose. Looks comfortable and has 50SPF. Clearly, not N95 protection but it fits snugly (stretch fabric). I ordered mine on Amazon since I had difficulty with the Buff site. It was about $25. They come in lots of colors and patterns but most were sold out.
I am awaiting delivery so that’s all I know. We strictly stay home but if there’s an emergency requiring a doctor or store visit, I’ll be prepared.
We have something similar We put one or two layers of handkerchief material or paper towel (which ever allow easy breathing) over the mouth and nose then the stretch cover.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,310 Times in 381 Posts

I have never been in more religious, church going community until i moved to the Villages....

Guess people forgot...

FEAR NOT, THE LORD GOD IS WITH YOU
Closed Thread

Tags
sister, nephew, doctor, told, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.