Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Take This Seriously Folks (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/take-seriously-folks-304853/)

ANT1075 04-05-2020 09:04 AM

yes LET'S ALL DO IT TOGETHER... and also think about the small things. I walk Moyer Loop a lot and have been noticing cigarette buts littering the road and sidewalks. Along with it looking terrible those butts may have the virus on them and can endanger those of us who walk and folks who are responsible for cleaning. Please keep your butts and throw away responsibly.

DeanFL 04-05-2020 09:09 AM

Going to neighborhood walmart soon (running out of veggies/protein etc) And will wear a mask for the first time - will be SUPER careful and aware of all surroundings re others, touching, etc. Will be interesting to see if others follow the 'rules'.

eschiavo 04-05-2020 09:10 AM

My sympathy to you and family. A horrendous and heart braking ordeal. Thank you for posting and hoping more people take this evil virus more seriously. My prayers and thought are with all..God Bless

Twiganne 04-05-2020 12:22 PM

The effect of the virus is not kidney failure. The kidney failure actually occurs because the body is not getting enough oxygen and organs fail because of it. You are right it is affecting a lot of people who have kidney failure. So it is associated with the virus because the virus effects the lungs and the lungs are unable to get enough oxygen to the organs. Doesn’t really matter now does it. I am so sorry for your loss of such a wonderful man.

emjzurawski91@gmail.com 04-05-2020 01:52 PM

You talk about 20% of the people not wearing masks! Where can we get them??

bob47 04-05-2020 02:45 PM

Thanks for the many thoughtful responses. If this post has helped anybody better understand what this COVID-19 is all about, my friend will be pleased.

Linnberg 04-05-2020 03:36 PM

Not tested

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 (Post 1740655)
I am so sorry for your loss, and I know what that kind of loss does to a family, having lost my daughter.(not to the virus). At least some family were with him. I cannot think what it must be like for families who cannot be with their loved ones in their finals hours. WAKE UP FLORIDA and those who think the rules dont apply to them. Lake, Sumter and Marion Counties have a combined total of cases one quarter less than of that of Orange County alone. We must be doing something right LETS ALL DO IT TOGETHER. united we stand divided we fall.....

I'm sorry but what you say is not true regarding our count. We have NOT been tested except for a few who were able to get appointments at the Polo Grounds. The actual tests for people in The Villages is well under 2000. We have no idea how many may be walking around with it, waiting to show up or worse being asymptomatic. Until a large portion of Villagers are tested, we are all living under false "illusions"

Finchs 04-05-2020 04:07 PM

Neither!

Quote:

Originally Posted by towgo (Post 1740497)
I went to Sams yesterday. (4/4). maybe 20% had masks. Either they are stupid or don't care about other people. very distubing.

I am shopping without a mask because I can't find one to buy. You ever consider that???
DUH. Toilet paper is easier to find right now, sir, than masks!
My neighborhood is gathering supplies and I am borrowing a sewing machine to begin making masks for the hospital workers (and yes, I will finally get one myself because I am going to be able to make one.):boxing2:

coffeebean 04-06-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emjzurawski91@gmail.com (Post 1740938)
You talk about 20% of the people not wearing masks! Where can we get them??

Quick and easy home made face covering videos are in abundance on YouTube. You can call it a mask if you like but our government is pleading with us to just cover our face.

This instructional video is very easy and basic. There are countless videos instructing how to make face masks using a sewing method or no sew method. There is also plenty of information online about which materials are best for the mask and which materials are best for adding a filter inside the mask.

DIY No Sew Face Mask Easy and Quick for Anyone - YouTube

coffeebean 04-06-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linnberg (Post 1740981)
I'm sorry but what you say is not true regarding our count. We have NOT been tested except for a few who were able to get appointments at the Polo Grounds. The actual tests for people in The Villages is well under 2000. We have no idea how many may be walking around with it, waiting to show up or worse being asymptomatic. Until a large portion of Villagers are tested, we are all living under false "illusions"

Let's not forget that a person sheds the virus for two days before showing symptoms also. I have no link for this information but I have heard this countless times on the news.

coffeebean 04-06-2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finchs (Post 1740992)
I am shopping without a mask because I can't find one to buy. You ever consider that???
My neighborhood is gathering supplies and I am borrowing a sewing machine to begin making masks for the hospital workers (and yes, I will finally get one myself because I am going to be able to make one.):boxing2:

You probably have the makings of a home made mask at your fingertips right in your house. Do you have a handkerchief, a cloth napkin, a paper towel? Do you have rubberbands or hair ties? Wha La......makings of a face covering and you don't even have to sew! This takes about a minute to assemble.

billethkid 04-06-2020 03:21 PM

If you have a scarf or even a t shirt you have a mask!!!

Villageswimmer 04-06-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finchs (Post 1740992)

I went online and ordered a “Buff.” This is put over the head and sits on the neck like a turtleneck. When you need it, you simply pull it up to cover the mouth and nose. Looks comfortable and has 50SPF. Clearly, not N95 protection but it fits snugly (stretch fabric). I ordered mine on Amazon since I had difficulty with the Buff site. It was about $25. They come in lots of colors and patterns but most were sold out.
I am awaiting delivery so that’s all I know. We strictly stay home but if there’s an emergency requiring a doctor or store visit, I’ll be prepared.

billethkid 04-06-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villageswimmer (Post 1741598)
I went online and ordered a “Buff.” This is put over the head and sits on the neck like a turtleneck. When you need it, you simply pull it up to cover the mouth and nose. Looks comfortable and has 50SPF. Clearly, not N95 protection but it fits snugly (stretch fabric). I ordered mine on Amazon since I had difficulty with the Buff site. It was about $25. They come in lots of colors and patterns but most were sold out.
I am awaiting delivery so that’s all I know. We strictly stay home but if there’s an emergency requiring a doctor or store visit, I’ll be prepared.

We have something similar We put one or two layers of handkerchief material or paper towel (which ever allow easy breathing) over the mouth and nose then the stretch cover.

Gpsma 04-06-2020 05:53 PM

I have never been in more religious, church going community until i moved to the Villages....

Guess people forgot...

FEAR NOT, THE LORD GOD IS WITH YOU