Talk of the Villages Meeting

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to essy627
Thumbs up Talk of the Villages Meeting

What a pleasant surprise to attend the general get-together at "Crispers"restaurant today. Met some very nice people and found to be very
informative. Thanks to Nancy Buchanan for being sorta the "Hostess" with the
mostest. And what a pleasant surprise to find that our lunch was paid for by
???? Whoever was responsible......was a step beyond gracious!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Platinum member

Great group and thanks to Nancy for hosting and to the person that paid the tab!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Sage

Yes, wish I knew who to thank for lunch. Not many people ordered food; I did, 'cause I was hungry and I love Crispers salads.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 07-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Gold member

I have to repeat thanx for whoever paid. We had a small group but was very nice group.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 07-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
Great group and thanks to Nancy for hosting and to the person that paid the tab!
Nancy I may well attend in August save me a seat at your table
Old 07-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Will do.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Thanks for all the sweet comments. I had a fabulous time!

Thanks to Terri for volunteering in August.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Sage

So as a newbie to TOV clue me in on what the monthly luncheon is all about. Curious if those that attend wear name tags with their TOV name so we can better relate.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
So as a newbie to TOV clue me in on what the monthly luncheon is all about. Curious if those that attend wear name tags with their TOV name so we can better relate.
It is a way for those of us who read TOTV can meet others who do the same.

Many wonderful friendships have been forged over the years and many folks have been the hosts and hostesses over time. KathyI, Village07, Barefoot, Samhass, Chelsea, Rockinronda, to name a few, all have been there to meet and greet new folks and welcome them to The Villages and our little community on TOTV. Nancy has recently been pivotal in keeping it going.

There is usually someone there with nametags but sometimes folks walk in with their TOTV name pinned to their shirt. You will find a warm welcome and so many things to talk about with the folks who gather every third Friday at Crispers Restaurant on 466, next to Publix.

I am sorry I missed it but I had another wonderful gathering today, I just couldn't miss.

Kathy, I hope your doggie is going to be alright. It sounds serious. I know you were missed. You are the glue of the Crispers Luncheon.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Administrator

The lunch was paid for by the owners of Talk of the Villages! I guess they forgot to pass that along, but we wanted to extend a gesture of gratitude for all the support on the site. We hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
The lunch was paid for by the owners of Talk of the Villages! I guess they forgot to pass that along, but we wanted to extend a gesture of gratitude for all the support on the site. We hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
What a neat gesture! I will be there in February if you decide you want to do it again.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Well you never know when it could happen again!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Default Nice

That was a nice gesture! We closed Monday, but will be pushing it to be moved by the August meeting, but count us in for September!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is a way for those of us who read TOTV can meet others who do the same.

Many wonderful friendships have been forged over the years and many folks have been the hosts and hostesses over time. KathyI, Village07, Barefoot, Samhass, Chelsea, Rockinronda, to name a few, all have been there to meet and greet new folks and welcome them to The Villages and our little community on TOTV. Nancy has recently been pivotal in keeping it going.

There is usually someone there with nametags but sometimes folks walk in with their TOTV name pinned to their shirt. You will find a warm welcome and so many things to talk about with the folks who gather every third Friday at Crispers Restaurant on 466, next to Publix.

I am sorry I missed it but I had another wonderful gathering today, I just couldn't miss.

Kathy, I hope your doggie is going to be alright. It sounds serious. I know you were missed. You are the glue of the Crispers Luncheon.
Thanks Gracie (for the complement also)... Sam survived a very serious surgery and is doing very well, considering. We don't think the cancer spread but won't be 100% sure until the biopsy results come back. I've been given a 2nd chance with him and I bet I spoil him more than ever now.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Gold member

Thank you for your kind gesture! We had a good time and it is always nice to meet new folks. What a wonderful group today and I hope you can all make it in August!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.