Tamarind Grove ?

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Default Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmar View Post
We may end up being your neighbors as we are considering a lot on Grenadier Way (a couple streets south from Barret). Should be making our decision tomorrow. Earlier this week, we thought we were going to the new village of Sanibel, but now are looking at TG. We are scheduled to close on our house (here) on Thursday, and if all goes well will probably start building July or August.
That will be really awesome to have someone on TOTV that will be building close to us. For a long time (really not that long, but being anxious makes it seem like a long time)I didn't see anyone who had lots close to Barret, but most were nearer the pool. We go down July 23 to get the process started and hope to move mid October-November. We plan to list our house here mid July and are hoping for a quick sell (aren't we all?) Anyhow, welcome, welcome, welcome!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:17 PM

Not to stir up anything at all but I have a question about the train nearby Tamarind Grove.

Has anyone heard the noise form the trains? I worry about how close they are to the houses and how much noise there is.

I only ask because when I visited this last weekend, one of the current residents pointed that out to me.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1130 View Post
Not to stir up anything at all but I have a question about the train nearby Tamarind Grove.

Has anyone heard the noise form the trains? I worry about how close they are to the houses and how much noise there is.

I only ask because when I visited this last weekend, one of the current residents pointed that out to me.
Can you hear it from St. James? I have a friend who has a hold on a lot there.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Sage

The tracks are one mile from the western-most point of Tamarind Grove. So for most residents of TG, they are more than a mile away. I doubt anyone will even notice the trains.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:39 PM
nkrifats

I am in Liberty Park and can hear the trains. Not enough to bother one but can hear them.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:36 AM
Sage

I've heard them even as far east as Canal. Obviously my house in Buttonwood is much closer than that so, yes, in Buttonwood you can hear them. But not so much that they become a problem (i.e. they don't wake you up at night or anything like that).
Old 05-20-2011, 06:12 AM
Platinum member

I agree with Russ. We live a nine iron away from each other and yes, I can hear the freight trains but it is not louder than the noise crickets make. Some people find it relaxing. I find the sound of the pickel ball courts (live two blocks away from the rec center) more annoying.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Trains

Hell I live in Bonita Canal & Odell and I hear the trains when I'm in the Canal. No big deal at all. They aren't really that loud. Besides it's better then cars drag racing, kids screaming, cars crashing etc.Even the cops and fire trucks are quieter.I don't think they're really that much of a nuisance. You'' be to busy enjoying yourself to worry about a train.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
They aren't really that loud. Besides it's better then cars drag racing, kids screaming, cars crashing etc.
It is a heck of a lot quieter than the blarring music from the ice cream trucks I used to hear on Long Island.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:54 AM

Tom-hahaha...then what are you holding there in your hands??? Mr. Softee or Good Humor???
Old 05-20-2011, 06:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linandvin View Post
Tom-hahaha...then what are you holding there in your hands??? Mr. Softee or Good Humor???
Two pina colada's, twofers at Cody's. For an Irishman who doesn't drink it was more than a mouthful.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:38 AM

I was looking at a CYV in Tamarind Grove and was scared off a little when I was told about the trains. I love the area; out of the way from it all but I don't want to be woken up at night either.

I lived near the L trains in Chicago and know how loud that can be.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Sage

I played Tarpon Boil yesterday which skirts the western edge of the Villages in Buttonwood and Tamarind area. Heard two trains softly in the distance. I think the trains are louder at Churchill (Belvedere area).

Best suggestion is to come and hear for yourself. Get a good book and plant yourself out in that area and listen for the trains.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Sage

I think the reality is that how loud the trains sound will depend on the weather - which way is the wind blowing and how high is the humidity.

I formerly lived 0.3 mile from an interstate, separated by the rest of the homes in my subdivision. Of course, the motorcycles and semis were the loudest vehicles. If we were downwind from the interstate and the humidity was high, they sounded like they were in our back yard! If were we upwind, they weren't even noticeable.

The same was true for a railroad track that was 0.6 mile away.

As everyone has said... ain't no big deal.

Last edited by champion6; 05-20-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-20-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1130 View Post
I was looking at a CYV in Tamarind Grove and was scared off a little when I was told about the trains. I love the area; out of the way from it all but I don't want to be woken up at night either.

I lived near the L trains in Chicago and know how loud that can be.
Mark:

Debbie and I closed on our CYV last week. We stayed there for 5 days before coming back to the Chicago area. If I hadn't of read this post, I wouldn't have realized there were any trains in the area.

George
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.