Tankless Water heaters

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Sage

There are plenty of solar roof mounted pool systems, a HW system has a smaller footprint on the roof than a pool system.

Florida law forbids ordinances, deed restrictions, covenants, or similar binding agreements from prohibiting solar equipment use. Under this law, a homeowner may not be denied by "any entity granted the power or right in any deed restriction, covenant or similar binding agreement to approve, forbid, control, or direct alteration of property..." permission to install a solar collector,
Old 08-17-2012, 04:52 PM

We enjoy our solar hot water system in The Villages. Had to install a tempering valve since the water was sometimes coming out of the faucet at 140 degrees. With all the sunshine that we get, it is a shame to waste electricity heating our water.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canabarrybarb View Post
We enjoy our solar hot water system in The Villages. Had to install a tempering valve since the water was sometimes coming out of the faucet at 140 degrees. With all the sunshine that we get, it is a shame to waste electricity heating our water.
Any idea of the saving per month?
Old 08-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Default HELP ME OUT Mulligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
A/C equipment not in garage in most models.
Sorry to disagree but just went through all the new cottage,villas and designers... hmmm which ones do not have the AC airhandler, return&supply air plenums/ductwork in the garage closet? Maybe you are confused, these are AC split systems with the condensing unit located outside and the airhandler (the other half) located inside. There are older houses with the airhandler in the laundry room in conditioned space but this is no way close to the majority. Like in golf you got a "mulligan"
Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 AM

IMHO this is a dead horse in the villages. i have had both electric and gas tank-less water heaters
1: this is all in north Georgia foot of LOOKOUT mtn,just south of Chattanooga,TN
1994 : cheap TVA rural electric rates electric tank-less approx $225.00to install never really hot water in the winter,ground temperature too low,hard to increase water temp difference.summer was fine.

2) 2005 had full house gas tank-less heater install , new house, 4BR 3B full basement 4400 ft 3 persons in house ,2 gas central h&Air full gas kitchen.
propane gas 2005 @$1.55 per gal,2012 March $2.65 to 2.99 still not bad some one has to pay,there's no free lunch. 2 people can shower and run dishwasher or clothes washer no problem ! never run out of HOT water all at same time.
We like it and would love to install a gas tank-less water-heater here,in the villages.Alas, NO GAS or very little of it south of 466 and none south of 466A.
I know and have the gas bills for 6 years to prove a gas tank-less has saved me money over an electric hot water heater vs my neighbors in NGA,but with out gas as a utility this is a mute subject. thanks this is my dime and i used it sorry if i hurt anyone's feelings.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:48 AM
Sage

You can use propane w/ a tank buried in the front yard
Old 08-18-2012, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

when our tankless died up north it was not worth the money to replace it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.