Tax

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2019, 06:23 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts
Default Tax

If we in Duval pay Sumter county property tax, but if we buy in Fenny, would we pay Sumter county and wildwood city also?
Old 09-16-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
If we in Duval pay Sumter county property tax, but if we buy in Fenny, would we pay Sumter county and wildwood city also?
Yes you would pay both taxes. Depending on the value of your home, it would add $1000-1500 to your bill.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Yes. Look at the attachment for 2018.
Duval millage rate: 11.1390
Fenney millage rate: 14.7970
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018 taxes comparison.pdf (126.4 KB, 101 views)
Old 09-16-2019, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
Yes you would pay both taxes. Depending on the value of your home, it would add $1000-1500 to your bill.
Dang. I’m seeing less reason all the time to buy new in fenny. It also makes upgrading what we have look more attractive.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:03 AM
Veteran member

I add this site.

https://www.wildwood-fl.gov/vertical...Y_BOUNDARY.pdf

More than the $1000 - $1500 added tax, I would be more concerned what the little country town of wildwood might do in the future. I could see Wildwood getting greedy when Fenny and sections south of Fenny that Wildwood has already annexed go under the taxation of Wildwood. Yep, I’m staying in the original Villages north of Route 44.

Last edited by JimJohnson; 09-16-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,583 Times in 5,183 Posts

Quote:
Dang. I’m seeing less reason all the time to buy new in fenny. It also makes upgrading what we have look more attractive.
I don't think you can buy new in Fenney. I think all the new houses are sold.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I believe you are correct, they are working on the 5th or 6th Village maybe more over there.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Again, I fail to explain properly. I should say all the southern developments bing built on land annexed by Wildwood city. They have annexed way south of The original Fenny. I would be curious to know how they managed that with the power of The Villages Developers liking unencumbered control. Will buyers still pay an infrastructure bond or will wildwood city tax cover that with their newly found tax dollars. Huuummm?
Old 09-16-2019, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,583 Times in 5,183 Posts

Quote:
Again, I fail to explain properly. I should say all the southern developments bing built on land annexed by Wildwood city. They have annexed way south of The original Fenny. I would be curious to know how they managed that with the power of The Villages Developers liking unencumbered control. Will buyers still pay an infrastructure bond or will wildwood city tax cover that with their newly found tax dollars. Huuummm?
I think the Villages of Pine Ridge and Pine Hills have a similar situation, being located in Fruitland Park. You pay Lake County taxes and Fruitland Park taxes. But, there is still an infrastructure bond.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
I add this site.

https://www.wildwood-fl.gov/vertical...Y_BOUNDARY.pdf

More than the $1000 - $1500 added tax, I would be more concerned what the little country town of wildwood might do in the future. I could see Wildwood getting greedy when Fenny and sections south of Fenny that Wildwood has already annexed go under the taxation of Wildwood. Yep, I’m staying in the original Villages north of Route 44.
Quote:
1. Wildwood is planning to cut taxes for 2019.
2. Yes, buyer in TV will still pay an infrastructure bond.

From an article in the online news site, dated Sept. 9, 2019:
Wildwood commissioners voted Monday night to cut property taxes for the coming year during the first of two hearings on a proposed $56.9 million budget.

Commissioners agreed to set the millage at 3.398 per $1,000 assessed valuation, which is equal to the rollback rate. That represents a reduction from the current rate of 3.658 and will be the lowest Wildwood residents have enjoyed in 30-plus years.

The building of homes at a rate of about 175 per month in the Villages of Southern Oaks is one of the reasons Wildwood commissioners were able to cut property taxes.

An example of what that means for residents is that the owner of a home assessed at $200,000 after homestead credits would pay about $680 in city taxes – down from about $740 this year. A property owner’s tax bill also includes levies for the county, schools and fire protection.

The proposed millage rate will result in ad valorem revenue of about $5.3 million, up from the 2019 budgeted revenue of $3.7 million. That increase comes in large part because of the growth boom in the Villages of Southern Oaks, where The Villages Land Company is building about 175 homes per month.

City Manager Jason McHugh said other elements of the economic boom that allowed for the cut in the millage rate include:
The Center for Advanced Healthcare at Brownwood and the Brownwood Hotel and Spa. Those projects carry a permit value of $200 million and are the most expensive structures to ever be built in the city;
Brownwood Professional Plaza;
A 24-hour emergency center;
Four new commercial buildings in Brownwood;
The Lofts at Brownwood apartments;
Trailwinds Village;
Freedom Plaza;
Growth in commercial areas such as the Cleveland Avenue corridor that will house new businesses and offer shopping, dining, entertainment and medical services;
Expansion in various industries;
Homes under construction in several areas and others that already have gone through the permitting process.
<snip>
Old 09-16-2019, 11:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
1. Wildwood is planning to cut taxes for 2019.
2. Yes, buyer in TV will still pay an infrastructure bond.

From an article in the online news site, dated Sept. 9, 2019:
Wildwood commissioners voted Monday night to cut property taxes for the coming year during the first of two hearings on a proposed $56.9 million budget.

Commissioners agreed to set the millage at 3.398 per $1,000 assessed valuation, which is equal to the rollback rate. That represents a reduction from the current rate of 3.658 and will be the lowest Wildwood residents have enjoyed in 30-plus years.

The building of homes at a rate of about 175 per month in the Villages of Southern Oaks is one of the reasons Wildwood commissioners were able to cut property taxes.

An example of what that means for residents is that the owner of a home assessed at $200,000 after homestead credits would pay about $680 in city taxes – down from about $740 this year. A property owner’s tax bill also includes levies for the county, schools and fire protection.

The proposed millage rate will result in ad valorem revenue of about $5.3 million, up from the 2019 budgeted revenue of $3.7 million. That increase comes in large part because of the growth boom in the Villages of Southern Oaks, where The Villages Land Company is building about 175 homes per month.

City Manager Jason McHugh said other elements of the economic boom that allowed for the cut in the millage rate include:
The Center for Advanced Healthcare at Brownwood and the Brownwood Hotel and Spa. Those projects carry a permit value of $200 million and are the most expensive structures to ever be built in the city;
Brownwood Professional Plaza;
A 24-hour emergency center;
Four new commercial buildings in Brownwood;
The Lofts at Brownwood apartments;
Trailwinds Village;
Freedom Plaza;
Growth in commercial areas such as the Cleveland Avenue corridor that will house new businesses and offer shopping, dining, entertainment and medical services;
Expansion in various industries;
Homes under construction in several areas and others that already have gone through the permitting process.
<snip>
Wow! I’ve googled till my fingers are bleeding, but never come up with this much information. Thank you.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:47 PM
Gold member

Wildwood didn't cut taxes, they set it to the rollback rate. What that means is they decided to stay revenue neutral as last year even though the county raised the property values in forms of your appraisal this year. Long story short, you will probably pay the same or very close to the same amount in dollars this year to Wildwood as you did last year even though your home is appraised at a higher level. This was very commonly done where I moved from.

Tags
county, tax, sumter, pay, wildwood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.