Name:	000_9768 (2).jpg
Views:	342
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	81077   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_9771 (4).jpg
Views:	270
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	81078  

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-25-2019 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:51 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

But, But, But

Old 09-25-2019, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

But, But, But

How much will yours go up? It says about $350 a year increase on a 300K home.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:13 AM

It appears to me any way you slice it that the County tax rate has been increased by 25%. I have no doubt we will see further increases coming on a much more frequent basis.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
How much will yours go up? It says about $350 a year increase on a 300K home.

< 12%

Just over 1% over the last ten years.
Yes, some consider this a big bite in one year,

BUT
I have had the 1% increases in my pocket for the last 10 years.

There will always be County Tax Dollars which will not be of direct benefit to me. Just like many Federal & State tax dollars.

Whiners missed the boat.

The time to raise questions is during the budget process.

Oh wait, the sun came up this morning.

Last edited by dewilson58; 09-25-2019 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

As I stated this AM on the other tax post with 1200 plus views "After three hours of a public meeting with much outcry by Villagers the TAX INCREASE OF 25% WAS VOTED IN. Ref the online "other news" this morning." Why did we start a new thread ?
Old 09-25-2019, 07:39 AM
Send a message via AIM to Emmakrock@yahoo.com

So we can begin to work on getting the commissioners out. There will be grass root work to get them replaced. We The Villages have been lied to by the Morrises and all their representatives too long. They are bringing in the dough and they see Seniors as a good target. Time to get involved. People buying in the South need rec centers not rec areas and town squares and restaurants. No more blind beliefs. The senior Morris is rolling over in his grave to see the greed. It’s time to bring all this to the attention of future buyers and others to see. If I hear one more person say we were told I’ll scream.wake up people.Its just the beginning
Old 09-25-2019, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmakrock@yahoo.com View Post
So we can begin to work on getting the commissioners out. There will be grass root work to get them replaced. We The Villages have been lied to by the Morrises and all their representatives too long. They are bringing in the dough and they see Seniors as a good target. Time to get involved. People buying in the South need rec centers not rec areas and town squares and restaurants. No more blind beliefs. The senior Morris is rolling over in his grave to see the greed. It’s time to bring all this to the attention of future buyers and others to see. If I hear one more person say we were told I’ll scream.wake up people.Its just the beginning
There is one R in Morse and no pee in Lake Sumter and the senior "Morse" is called Harold Schwartz, and I have lived here and owned here for more than thirteen years and I respectfully disagree with your thoughts and opinions...…….except, I AM a Buckeye fan.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-25-2019 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmakrock@yahoo.com View Post
Clearly spoken out of emotion rather than fact and evidence.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
So. You think the commissioners are "dirty"? Tell us why. Usually I agree with every word and every syllable of anything you post...…...
GG please don't misquote me! I never said "dirty". That was your word..... and why would you be thinking that? I said "Commissioners with questionable loyalty". There is a BIG difference.

While we are at it could you please answer my question? What happened? You were sure the County Property Taxes would not go up anywhere near 25%. Mine went up 28% because of the millage increase and an increase in assessed value also.

Why did you pick this thread to ask about my post in the other thread? The post were I stated my concern for the people who unlike us can not afford this increase.

Try it...... just say "I was wrong" I know you can do it. You may have to take off your rose colored glasses..... but you can do it!

Remember - it's a done deal and nobody will be talking about it in 2 days. For that matter it was a done deal when it was proposed by the "Commissioners with questionable loyalty"
Old 09-25-2019, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

You mean those who were elected to represent us.....didn't!?!?!?!?

Wait a minute.........................
Old 09-25-2019, 09:38 AM
Sage

Other reason for this new post...............a lot of snowbirds & traveling full-times don't have access to current articles.

For them, thanks for the new post.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:55 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Friends and neighbors: You might as well “Suck it up” because it’s a done deal. If all the present Commissioners were replaced in the next election, it wouldn’t change anything IMHO.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Other reason for this new post...............a lot of snowbirds & traveling full-times don't have access to current articles.

Hey, de. Please don't take this personally (and I'm bracing for this off-topic reply to be deleted...heheh), but I really wish you'd consider doing away with your highly specialized posting format. Imho, it's annoying, especially when quoted and double-especially when using my phone. I've always enjoyed reading your posts. That enjoyment has been somewhat reduced by your format change. FWIW.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for your answer...... but I think they were asking the OP. and wanted an answer from her.

I think if it was to show today's page 7 "Daily Sun" story on the Property Tax increase that would be a weak reason. That story could have and may have been written a week ago. There is no new info. in it. I was also very happy to see the "Geocaching Club" made the front page.
Closed Thread

Tags
mornings, daily, sun, tax, increase

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.