Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Tax Prep (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/tax-prep-328105/)

bruce213 01-13-2022 07:40 AM

Another vote for Bob Bloom 425-941-5224.

biker59 01-13-2022 08:07 AM

You need good tax advice. Don't underestimate H&R Block, they do a lot of complex returns.

Proveone 01-13-2022 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors (Post 2048620)
Our Accoutant of over 30 years is hanging up his shingle. Mary and I need someone to help file our Yearly Taxes. A little more complicated than H & R Block. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Len

AARP does taxes at no cost to you. Go online, find the nearest site and make an appointment.

OhioBuckeye 01-13-2022 09:07 AM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

Our Accoutant of over 30 years is hanging up his shingle. Mary and I need someone to help file our Yearly Taxes. A little more complicated than H & R Block. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Len

Doesn’t AARP’s do it anymore? They always did them for FREE & they did a great job for us!

Carla B 01-13-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye (Post 2049261)
Doesn’t AARP’s do it anymore? They always did them for FREE & they did a great job for us!

Yes, they do, but as pointed out above, they don't do returns that are complicated.

Doglover9409 01-13-2022 07:45 PM

Quote:

Highly recommend Ellen Cronin, CPA, 352-350-1951. She’s excellent

Babubhat 01-13-2022 07:57 PM

You should review last years return. If nothing has changed you should be able to replicate in tax software.

OhioBuckeye 01-14-2022 09:35 AM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carla B (Post 2049406)
Yes, they do, but as pointed out above, they don't do returns that are complicated.

Really, when they did ours, every yr. they seem like they would have to get help in doing ours. Thanks for pointing that out.

rpensabene 02-01-2022 12:06 PM

tax preparation

Need to find someone to do tax preparation.
We have rental properties, have a 1031 like property exchange,
insurance business and a retired tax professional business.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

rpensabene 02-01-2022 12:12 PM

Turbo Tax

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packer Fan (Post 2048948)
I totally agree. I have Rental property, investments, a side gig, and a regular job. Not sure you can get much more comlicated that that if you are not running your own business. I use Turbotax and it works flawlessly. My wife used to use an outside firm to do her taxes and it was more work than us actually doing our taxes using TurboTax.
The program walks you through everything. I highly recommend it. It is WAY cheaper too.
Ed

Which Turbo Tax software package did you use? We also have rental properties and have a 1031 like property exchange. Would appreciate your feedback.
Thanks

Babubhat 02-01-2022 01:36 PM

TurboTax offers a package with live help or an expert to do it. Much depends upon complexity of the return and what you are willing to pay

TurboTax(R) Official Site: File Taxes Online, Tax Filing Made Easy

Get expert advice as you do your taxes with a final review
All tax advice, answers, and reviews are guaranteed.

Michael G. 02-01-2022 02:49 PM

Wife and I still have most of our retirement investments up north using their tax service.
It works find but they're not cheap and I still send registered mail all the material which I copy before sending which is costly.

Getting all our Reg, IRA transferred to a Roth, so until that's completed, out tax return should be simpler.