10 Questions about The Villages - 10QV

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2021, 04:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts
Default 10 Questions about The Villages - 10QV

10QV First Episode - Guest - Richard Baier, District Manager

10QV Episode 1 - Richard Baier - YouTube

10QV is a new video series designed to inform, enlighten, and educate viewers about The Villages, its inner working, and its future. Each episode will feature influential and knowledgeable individuals from The Villages and surrounding community. I’ll ask ten questions about issues pertaining to The Villages, recent or upcoming events, or many of the myths and urban legends about this unique community. Intermixed with the interviews will be aerial footage and photographs of the areas of The Villages discussed.

In this episode Mr. Richard Baier, the District Manager for The Villages is interviewed; he answers questions about “the district”, its staff, funding, PWAC, the relationship with the developer, and the growth of The Villages and how these are impacting the residents.

See the YouTube video description for direct links to each of the questions and a full description.

I hope you enjoy it.

And yes, the construction update videos will still be coming out.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 01-10-2021, 04:23 PM
Veteran member

Excellent work. Thank you so much. You asked some hardball questions, but did so diplomatically. That's a real talent. Let us all know which interview subjects you have in your sights.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

A tip of the hat to you Sir. Your continuing efforts to inform, enlighten, and educate us residents is really appreciated by my household. Thank you!
Old 01-10-2021, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Boy is that a lot to digest. Great job. I love how you broke the timeline into segments with titles. Now if I want to refer to a certain topic/question I can just just slide along the time bar and go right to the information I want..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 01-10-2021, 05:49 PM

Well done. It’s enlightening to see and hear from those that manage the purse strings. In your questioning you encouraged an open discussion regarding the operation of our hometown. Hopefully, due to your site’s visibility and the regard we have for you, this information will be absorbed into the general knowledge of we Villagers. Thank you for all your efforts.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:30 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. The goal is to be fair and honest, my only agenda on these is truth and facts. Sorry it was so long, Mr. Baier was a wealth of information and only a few minutes were edited from the entire interview. I pushed hard to get it out today, Sunday's are one of the best viewing days for YouTube. The next episode will have a little more heads up.

As far as who is next, I have several people in the works and I'll announce them in the very near future. If you have specific people you'd like to hear from or questions you want answers to straight from the horse's mouth, let me know.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 01-10-2021, 08:34 PM
John41

Very informative and excellent questions. Regarding lack of public participation in board meetings, the complicated structure of The Villages government is very confusing compared to town I lived in NJ where town meetings were well attended usually. I did not even know the board had monthly meetings in CDD 6 where we live or that our board members were elected on the general ballot. These videos will be an excellent educational resource. Wish the videos had subtitles for hearing impaired.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Very informative and excellent questions. Regarding lack of public participation in board meetings, the complicated structure of The Villages government is very confusing compared to town I lived in NJ where town meetings were well attended usually. I did not even know the board had monthly meetings in CDD 6 where we live or that our board members were elected on the general ballot. These videos will be an excellent educational resource. Wish the videos had subtitles for hearing impaired.
In the bottom right of the video window click the little (CC) icon. That turns on Closed Captioning. It might move a little fast but you can always hit pause to give yourself a little extra time to read.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 01-10-2021, 09:30 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
In the bottom right of the video window click the little (CC) icon. That turns on Closed Captioning. It might move a little fast but you can always hit pause to give yourself a little extra time to read.
Thanks. Going to watch it again with captions as I missed some parts.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Signup for e-Notifications here:

VCDD e-Notifications Sign Up

Old 01-11-2021, 10:06 AM

Thanks Don. Great job!
Old 01-11-2021, 10:10 AM

Don. Excellent work, as always! I think you covered a lot of great topics, and questions. I do have one question to ask, that I will ask on a PM. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2021, 10:20 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Signup for e-Notifications here:

VCDD e-Notifications Sign Up

Thanks. Signed up for notifications. Once covid is over will start attending and might join the ARC
Old 01-11-2021, 10:39 AM

Thanks for posting this interview. It contains information that is very helpful to us, as new residents.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:47 AM

Great job Don!!! Question, is there any way to find out if there is any future plans to modify the Warm Springs bridge to accommodate golf cars? Would be great to know if this a possibility. Thank you very much.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, questions, episode, 10qv, description

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.