Tax Trim Notice

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2016, 01:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I consider the interest rate on the bond if it's not paid for same as tax. Money out of my pocket.

But unlike a real tax, it can be paid off. There is a choice.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I consider the interest rate on the bond if it's not paid for same as tax. Money out of my pocket.

The same in that you have no choice but to pay it--one way or the other.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Ours went up a few dollars
Old 08-30-2016, 12:09 PM
Sage

You are also forgetting, coming from states that have income taxes & personal property/use taxes

In all reality-- with no mortgage, no bond--we're living for free when compared to NJ and semi-free when compared to NC
Old 08-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Tax Trim Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
You are also forgetting, coming from states that have income taxes & personal property/use taxes

In all reality-- with no mortgage, no bond--we're living for free when compared to NJ and semi-free when compared to NC

NC very high income tax & my favorite, personal property tax. The reason we didn't want to retire there. Taxing my 53 year old Corvette I wouldn't tolerate.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Sage

We had to pull our 49' Grand Banks away from the dock on Dec 31--and anchor out in order not to pay the use/personal property tax on the boat--it was a documented vessel and never titled or registered in NC
Old 08-30-2016, 03:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Generally properties are assessed at between 80-85%
of market value by taxing bodies.
Here is an explanation that I found.
"In summary an assessed value is the valuation placed on a property by a public tax assessor for purposes of taxation. Fair Market Value on the other hand is the agreed upon price between a willing and informed buyer and seller under usual and ordinary circumstances. It is the highest price which the property will bring when exposed for sale on the open market to a buyer who is purchasing with full knowledge of the properties highest and best use.
"In summary an assessed value is the valuation placed on a property by a public tax assessor for purposes of taxation. Fair Market Value on the other hand is the agreed upon price between a willing and informed buyer and seller under usual and ordinary circumstances. It is the highest price which the property will bring when exposed for sale on the open market to a buyer who is purchasing with full knowledge of the properties highest and best use."
I do not disagree with what you said. But when I look at properties I know it seems that the difference between sale price and assessed value varies too much to have everyone fairly assessed. I am taking into consideration year of purchase. Seems that it would be better to use the sale price.
Closed Thread

Tags
notice, paying, taxes, trim, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.