With a tear in my eye

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Default With a tear in my eye

Packing up this weekend to head back to Ohio for the summer. I really don't want to go. The only good thing is it will be nice to see the kids, grandkids and friends.
This was our first winter here and we had the time of our lives. We closed on our home in April, 2010. We came down last November for the winter and have met so many nice people. Our neighbors are great. Can I say we live in the best neighborhood? I know, we all say that. We have been keeping ourselves very busy with all the things that are offered here. Well, as many as we can fit into our schedule. Two of my most memorable things for me are, flying a plane with the aviators club, and learning to play the banjo, and playing with Sparkie's Strummers. I never once thought I would retire and be able to live this kind of lifestyle. I'll probably go through withdrawal up north. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will want to buy our place in Ohio.
I don't want to leave.
Bob
Old 05-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Veteran member
Default Hard to leave

As we are Canadians, we can only be here for 6 months in the year and I just figured out that as it takes us 3 days to travel each way, it cuts our time in TV down by 12 days! We bought in April '10 and even though we have been down Oct/Nov and April/May we feel like this is our "home" and we are going back to Canada to visit. We have extended this trip by a week so we can be here to see a finished lanai project but we really have to count the days so that we don't cut into our next trip in October. Never figured on having to do all this math!

LW888
Old 05-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

Welcome to the "Gee It's Hard To Leave This Place Club". The good thing is that it automatically qualifies you for the "We Can't Wait To Get Back Club" and the exhilarating "Yippeee.....we're headed home to the Villages Club."
Old 05-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Gold member
Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo35 View Post
Welcome to the "Gee It's Hard To Leave This Place Club". The good thing is that it automatically qualifies you for the "We Can't Wait To Get Back Club" and the exhilarating "Yippeee.....we're headed home to the Villages Club."
l
Left TV last week (sadly) and love our family and friends BUT can't wait to get back--sigh.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Gold member
Default Me too

Quote:
We left TV last week (sadly) and enjoy family and friends here on LI-- but can't wait to be back in TV.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
What about the "I don't have to go anywhere, this is HOME club" ??? Yayyyyyyyy!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Veteran member
Talking

And WHATTA HOME!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
Packing up this weekend to head back to Ohio for the summer. I really don't want to go. The only good thing is it will be nice to see the kids, grandkids and friends. ............
Hope you like plenty of rain in OH, Bob!!!

But just think - it won't be long til you're back in TV again!

Bill
Old 05-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
Packing up this weekend to head back to Ohio for the summer. I really don't want to go. The only good thing is it will be nice to see the kids, grandkids and friends.
This was our first winter here and we had the time of our lives. We closed on our home in April, 2010. We came down last November for the winter and have met so many nice people. Our neighbors are great. Can I say we live in the best neighborhood? I know, we all say that. We have been keeping ourselves very busy with all the things that are offered here. Well, as many as we can fit into our schedule. Two of my most memorable things for me are, flying a plane with the aviators club, and learning to play the banjo, and playing with Sparkie's Strummers. I never once thought I would retire and be able to live this kind of lifestyle. I'll probably go through withdrawal up north. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will want to buy our place in Ohio.
I don't want to leave.
Bob

Hi Bob,
Enjoy your friends and family in Ohio, then hurry on back!
Old 05-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

You'll be back in The Villages before you know it.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:02 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
What about the "I don't have to go anywhere, this is HOME club" ??? Yayyyyyyyy!!!
Will join that club in July!!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Sage

Quote:

I'm a member of that club!!! I also have the "team" decal, a froggie magnet, on the back of my car. The Villages Florida In addition to signifying I'm a FROG, it helps me find my car...one of many of the same year and color that now are garaged in TV....
Old 05-22-2011, 05:56 AM
Location: Too many to mention, then Loveland, OH; Poinciana then Fernandina!

Quote:
We are on our way north for the LAST TIME EVER, and will be back to join this club on June 18th!!!!! Yeeeehawww!!
"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big " Erica Jong
Old 05-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

Out Village neighbors said that we should refer to our northern home as our "summer home" and our home in TV as "home". Can't wait till September!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Sage

I'm guessing family is the MAIN REASON why everybody is not here all the time
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.