tee time-free golf?

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Default tee time-free golf?

I live in Ny until I can retire..own in Duval. I come down as often as I can usually when snowbirds are gone. I try to take as much advantage of "free golf" as I can when I'm there. Last time down, I was able to set up 2 tee times daily via the automated phone system, I usually start 7days before I get there..Wonderful..enjoyed it for as long as I was able to spend in my home....Coming down on the 10th and tried to set up 2 tee times and the system will not allow you to set up 2 in one day. I called tee time office and they told me I could do it only if I did it on the computer via the village.net for a fee of $60 a year and they would set it up for my NY service. So now..I am paying additonal $60 internet service to make a tee time for our "Free Lifetime Golf". I'm outraged..I pay me ammenity fees and barely get to use anything because unfortunately can't get down there permanently yet..and when I'm able to be there..this is what I encounter. This is another hidden fee...what else????
Old 10-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Default Re: tee time-free golf?

We live here full time. We have villages.net so don't pay the "extra" fee.
When we travel, both in the US and internationally, we still use our villages.net account.
What more do you need?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:26 PM

Unless you are here in the winter time when you probably can't get two tee times anyway, most of the time you can just drive up to an executive course and get on. I have been here for two months this summer and for the past two weeks. I play between eighteen and twenty seven holes on the executive courses if the weather is nice every day. I just drive up to the course, see if it looks busy and get on. If it looks crowded I go to the next closest course and get on. I have yet to use the tee time golf system for golfing except for men's day on Tuesdays. Whenever I want to play the championship courses, I call up the course that i want to play in the morning, inquire as to available times and schedule over the phone. Did that yesterday at Havana, played eighteen holes with a threesome starting at 12:30 and another eighteen holes by myself afterwards. The villages.net will never see five dollars a month from me.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:14 PM

Don't you get Villages.net account free if your internet service is with Comcast? I realize this does not help the out of towners. I personally think that the online T time system should be available to all residents no matter where you are in the world. Ive used the phone system and did not like it.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:28 PM

My husband was concerned about T-times and someone told us last night to make sure we set up T-times over the computer because the phone just doesn't work that well. I guess you go to Lake Sumpter to set up your account! We set up Embarq for our computer so we could get highspeed so does that mean we have to pay for 2 computer providers??
Old 10-05-2007, 07:34 PM

Hey DD you are up and runnig again. Send me your email add BAMA
Old 10-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyduff
My husband was concerned about T-times and someone told us last night to make sure we set up T-times over the computer because the phone just doesn't work that well. I guess you go to Lake Sumpter to set up your account! We set up Embarq for our computer so we could get highspeed so does that mean we have to pay for 2 computer providers??
If you are not a villages.net user OR you do not have Comcast broadband in the Villages, you a=have to pay extra for the Villages Online Tee Time System. Go to https://www.thevillages.net/ and click in the pdf application to see your options. Member Services is $60 a year for the Golf tee Time system. There are also other time frames to purchase.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:25 AM
concernedvillager

The tee time golf system is one of a number of interesting quirks in The Villages. You get the phone tee-time system access for free and have to pay extra for the web access to the tee-time system.

Actually I believe that the phone tee-time system access is paid for with our amenities fees by the VCCDD and SLCDD...it really isn't free.

The interesting thing is that the web access (which is a lot better) should be a lot less expensive to provide because many users can access the web server simultaneously while only one user at a time can access via a phone line. That means that if you want to have a large number of users accessing the system simultaneoulsy via phone, you have to pay for access to a large number of phone lines.

Web access should be a lot cheaper than phone access but for some unknown reason we have to pay extra to get this service.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I can use the phone t-time service thats provided for by our amenities fees but I choose to pay $5.50 a month for the Villages.net service because its fast and its easy. You can see what times are available at all the courses in the Villages and select what you want, when you want it..Come on guys, Its a great service and its cheap. It makes it convenient for my wife and I to play nearly everyday.... Now if $ 5.50 a month is to tough to handle then maybe its not for you........ITS JUST ANOTHER SERVICE PROVIDED BY ANOTHER SORCE.....
Old 10-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Veteran member

I agree fumar :bigthumbsup: If you have comcast cable/internet then there is no 5.00 per month charge. Talk to comcast/internet. ;D
Old 10-08-2007, 07:24 PM

Thanks for all your input.,, we may try just driving up if we need to. I heard we can make a second tee time on same day if we wait till 3 days before the actual day to see what is available and they will let you chose it. This is also done on the village net..Because we are in NY most of the time (still working full time) we do not have a tv,phone or internet service down there..we just use cell phones and golf alot..who needs more? So we dont have comcast up in NY..I guess we are stuck with this extra charge and thats A FACT!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Eternal Member

FUMAR is correct. It is an additional service from an additional source. With its bells and whistles, the internet Tee Time system is worth the $5 a month if you do not have Comcast broadband package. Instead of punching in all of the member number numbers when you want a tee time you can set up a template and it is 1, 2, 3.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Veteran member

I have comcast broadband. Does that mean I don't need to re-activate my villages.net account to get to the tee time scheduler? Doing it by phone is a real pain.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 10-09-2007, 07:38 PM

If you have comcast internet then you get villages. net included. Which would give you access to online t-time system.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Veteran member

Wonderful! I can't wait until March when we get there. I'm very jealous of the people who are renting our place before we even get to use it (but thankful also!) Since our renters will also use our internet connection, can they use the villages.net account too? Somehow I remember needing to log in for the tee times.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.