Tell me it ain't so.....making more on unemployment than working now?

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2020, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

This thread makes me think about the irony of it all.

Who would've ever thought that being a clerk in a supermarket would be one of the MOST secure jobs in the country?
Old 04-06-2020, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
This thread makes me think about the irony of it all.

Who would've ever thought that being a clerk in a supermarket would be one of the MOST secure jobs in the country?
Not only secure but one of the most appreciated. The people in the Pharmacy also. Absolutely amazing individuals all the way around. I think if the community really took a minute and thought about the job that people are performing in Supermarkets, Fire Houses, Police Departments, Social Services, Postal Service, Etc it is amazing that they carry on and are there for us during these trying times.

The Medical Staff on all levels are just unbelievable. Some of the stories of people on television, spouses of friends and one of our daughter in laws are touching to say the least.
Bless You All.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Not only secure but one of the most appreciated. The people in the Pharmacy also. Absolutely amazing individuals all the way around. I think if the community really took a minute and thought about the job that people are performing in Supermarkets, Fire Houses, Police Departments, Social Services, Postal Service, Etc it is amazing that they carry on and are there for us during these trying times.

The Medical Staff on all levels are just unbelievable. Some of the stories of people on television, spouses of friends and one of our daughter in laws are touching to say the least.
Bless You All.

Thank you.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Interesting how opinions change when the situation changes. If one appreciates the "blue collar" worker, the hourly worker who helps you with daily chores, who stocks the selves, who delivers your favorite food from distant parts of the country, who fixes electric wires, gas meters, fights fires when you need help, maybe they deserve some financial support when they are out of work through no fault of their own.

No one gets rich on unemployment, unemployment is not permanent, unemployment helps prevent social unrest when people can't eat, people can get overtaken by events beyond their control or their abilities.

Maybe people should stop complaining about other people's misfortune and their temporary support, and help out with the stimulus checks if you don't need it. Misfortune can hit anyone, at any time, so be thankful that misfortune has hit you yet, and help out so that your mail still gets delivered, your food shelves are still stocked, your electricity still flow, etc.

Being thankful everyday for the little behaviors can change your outlook on surviving these dark days.

Watch the movie "Late Night" on how hard it is to keep up and learn the lessons again which everyone forgets over time.

sportsguy
Old 04-07-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
I think by reading these posts people are off on their thinking. There are many working in and around TV making less than 45K including those working for The Villages. Your clothing store workers, restaurant workers, grocery & gas stations, doctors office etc.
45k is only $865/week. Aldi is probably the highest paying market around at a little over $13/hr. so figure it out. Talk to some of the people working here or look online at the help wanted adds. Yea I can believe they're making more with the extra unemployment.
Don't forget the firemen, cops, nurses and first responders all make less than 45K a year here.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

Bless You All.
Thanks, Nucky!

-your friendly neighborhood grocery clerk
Closed Thread

Tags
unemployment, laid, politician, couple, hear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.