Tells us about your most memorable restaurant, anywher in the world.

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Founder
Default Tells us about your most memorable restaurant, anywher in the world.

I've had the good fortune to have traveled the world over. Amity and I have visited some fantastic restaurants in many countries. The one that captured my fancy was a simple Armenian restaurant in Moscow. It was operated by an entire family. I was there on severl occasions. One time, I asked the waiter (one of the family) if I could see the kitchen operation. He gladly obliged. Grandma, Grandpa, aunts, uncles, sons, daughters, cousins.....everybody working in the kitchen. It was wonderful. They were willing to bring out samples of anything that you would like to taste.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Default Re: Tells us about your most memorable restaurant, anywher in the world.

The Globe at the top of Faisalia Tower in Riyahd Saudi Arabia was fantastic. At night, the only lights were small spot lights directly over each place setting allowing for an awesome view of the night city in all directions. Food and service were superb.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Default Re: Tells us about your most memorable restaurant, anywher in the world.

My wife and I were in Paris in 2005 to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. About six months before going I e-mailed Taillevent to see if we could get reservations (I knew they keep a majority of their tables for the French and only a few each night for foreigners). I explained our visit and told them how much we would enjoy celebrating our anniversary there. I got a very nice e-mail back and confirmation for our table. The restaurant was everything we expected, and more. The food was fantastic, the wine even more so, and at the end of the dinner the maitre d' and the owner himself came carrying to our table a small cake to celebrate our anniversary. It was definitely worth the expense (which was an experience itself). We will never do it again, but we still talk about. (BTW, we back in Paris this year and had lunch at their sister restaurant, L'Angle du Faubourg. It was excellent also, and far less expensive).
Old 08-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Sage

My vote is any restaurant in Santorini, Greece, with a view. Such a beautiful place.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Gold member

I would vote for Cooper Island Beach Club in the British Virgin Islands. You can only get there by boat. The front of the restaurant is open to the beach.
Dining beach side , with the trade winds blowing , is quite a wonderful experience. Best place I can think of for a Pina Colada and some conch fritters.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.