Tempory Resident ID Pickup

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2018, 11:41 AM
Default Tempory Resident ID Pickup

I believe I read somewhere on the Forum last year that the process for renters picking up their temporary resident ID has changed, most significantly the pickup point no longer being LSL. I missed my stay last year, so wondering if the new process has been documented.
Thanks
Old 10-13-2018, 06:33 PM

The villages conducts a renter orientation at the Rohan center on designated days (usually the 1st of the month) and all renters picking up temporary resident ID's on the 1st must pick them up at the Rohan center instead of LSL. After the 1st, then it's business as usual an dt eh ID's can be picked up at the LSL sales office.

I saw this initially as a way for the villages to get their grubby hands on my renters to try to move them to buy something but I've heard back from a few renters who said that they gave you a lot of information and made themselves available but it wasn't any sort of "hard sell" which I was relieved to hear.

Other feedback indicated that it was helpful for Villages first timers to learn about the types of activities offered at the rec centers, where to get information and how to use the automated tee time system...

Mark
Old 10-14-2018, 07:07 AM

Thanks for the info. Is their a set time for the orientation or an all day affair?
Old 10-14-2018, 07:28 AM

It runs all day. I think it starts at 8 or 8:30 am and lasts until 6 (but might be earlier). Give a call to the ID department at the Villages. I believe it's an open area with reps from the villages that are there to tell new Villages renters all about how to get the most from their Villages visit.

It's usually on the 1st of each month but for November, it was shifted to November 7th because of of election day and of course January is moved to January 2nd. For those months, ID's can be picked up at LSL on the 1st.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscocco View Post
The villages conducts a renter orientation at the Rohan center on designated days (usually the 1st of the month) and all renters picking up temporary resident ID's on the 1st must pick them up at the Rohan center instead of LSL. After the 1st, then it's business as usual an dt eh ID's can be picked up at the LSL sales office.

I saw this initially as a way for the villages to get their grubby hands on my renters to try to move them to buy something
but I've heard back from a few renters who said that they gave you a lot of information and made themselves available but it wasn't any sort of "hard sell" which I was relieved to hear.

Other feedback indicated that it was helpful for Villages first timers to learn about the types of activities offered at the rec centers, where to get information and how to use the automated tee time system...

Mark
I am pleased that someone has put something in place to instruct renters. Sometimes the seasonal ones are just here to vacation. SOMETIMES. We rented a home while our second one was being built. The Villages is home to many of us and represent a sizable chunk of money, but more than that it is the place we live and the area that is our haven and source of enjoyment and pride.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscocco View Post
It runs all day. I think it starts at 8 or 8:30 am and lasts until 6 (but might be earlier). Give a call to the ID department at the Villages. I believe it's an open area with reps from the villages that are there to tell new Villages renters all about how to get the most from their Villages visit.

It's usually on the 1st of each month but for November, it was shifted to November 7th because of of election day and of course January is moved to January 2nd. For those months, ID's can be picked up at LSL on the 1st.
OK thanks. Sounds like the same routine previously provided @ LSL. For the past few years we have arrived a day early and picked up our ID's at LSL. Although not valid until the next day, this method allowed us to skip the rush on the 1st and get an early start on our first day. Not sure if we will be able to continue to do so with this new policy.
Thanks again
Closed Thread

Tags
year, process, resident, pickup, lsl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.