Ten dead Villagers in Golf Carts!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graytop View Post
I don't want to minimize anyones' loss by saying this. When you consider that there are around 50,000 golf carts in our fair town this number of fatalities gains a little perspective. It's tragic anytime someone is lost in an accident....
I think this is a fair assessment. Especially when you consider that golf carts offer little if any protection for the occupants.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree with that red tail.

In my whole life I haven't seen so many drivers ignore signs for stopping or yielding as I see here.
I have trouble slowing down for the signs. After I setup my golf cart to do 60mph. But I do love the wind.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm wondering if TV is becoming a vacation destination and people feel that tooling around in a cart is part of the experience. The attitude seems to be "I paid for this vacation and I'm entitled to do whatever I want." I hope I'm wrong but I'm seeing some major "attitude" lately. It makes me .
Old 03-09-2012, 01:22 PM

I've been here a short time, but the workers who drive trucks, drive aggressively, on cell phones. Especially on St Charles, mucho traffic, no stop signs, no one stops for pedestrians, bikers, carts and large trucks thrown together, you will have issues, dangerous issues.

We live in Tamarind Grove, I take Buena Vista or 466A to avoid the insanity. Sometimes I feel like I'm on the 405Fwy in California again.

Please be careful out there, be hyper-vigilant, let's all slow down and enjoy our splendid lives in The Villages.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
I'm wondering if TV is becoming a vacation destination and people feel that tooling around in a cart is part of the experience. The attitude seems to be "I paid for this vacation and I'm entitled to do whatever I want." I hope I'm wrong but I'm seeing some major "attitude" lately. It makes me .
AMEN
Old 03-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
To be fair, the Sun probably reported at least 8 of these fatalities as they happened. True, they haven't written any articles summarizing the statistics or proffering solutions.

A real statistician might be able to estimate fatalities per thousand or million miles to see how the fatality rate compares to auto accidents.

I've been here full time since late 2006. There was a short period of time in maybe 07-08 where there was a rash of fatalities, maybe 4 or 5 of the 10.

Any fatality is too many but are, sadly, inevitable given the number of carts, miles driven, speeds, etc.
Hold it 07, They were very quick to point out that not one of the fatalities were related to SPEED.....I was surprised at this but facts are facts......aparently inattention is the culprit and frankly I don't know how you fix that .........should point out that I'm as guilty as anyone on that count...Its probably because of all the years of Instrument Flying that I'm negligent about looking out the windshield ........

Close call fumar ....
Old 03-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I have trouble slowing down for the signs. After I setup my golf cart to do 60mph. But I do love the wind.
Thanks Gerald
I needed that........However I must point out that you may want to slow down a little as you might pass wind ..........

also fast fumar..............
Old 03-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Veteran member

I agree with that red tail.

This is me Gracie, the Ambassador for good in The Villages, saying we have the worst, dumbest, most reckless drivers on the planet here.

Driving to lunch across town yesterday, I was passed by cars zooming by me and cutting me off on Morse and BeunaVista, a car pulling out in front of me on a roundabout, ignoring the yield sign. I was doing the speed limit. I had a cart pull out in front of me going through the gate.

In my whole life I haven't seen so many drivers ignore signs for stopping or yielding as I see here.

No laws need to be changed or put into place. Drivers just need to follow the ones already written.

Just think all those drivers used to live elsewhere
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.