Check Out Mapquest

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2007, 02:59 AM
Eternal Member
Default Check Out Mapquest

The maps on Mapquest have been updated. Liberty Park now shows houses, it had 2 to 3 year old areal photos before. I can see my house now!

:bigthumbsup:
Old 11-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Check Out Mapquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFromNY
The maps on Mapquest have been updated. Liberty Park now shows houses, it had 2 to 3 year old areal photos before. I can see my house now!

:bigthumbsup:
Good to know, SteveFromNY. Looks like Lynnhaven is current now too. :bigthumbsup:
Old 11-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Taltarzac

I went on Mapquest, looked up my address, switched to aerial photos, and then panned north past the Villages High School then along CR 101. You can actually see what looks like two white dogs in the big dog section of Doggie Doo Run Run. Have not really noticed any pedestrians yet on Mapquest, only a few cars. Would be funny to spot your own auto or maybe even yourself on Mapquest. Cannot get to the closest aerial photos though. Looking for yourself could be a new version of Where's Waldo? :joke:
Old 11-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Sage

In Google Earth they have a section where you can WALK UP and DOWN certain streets of San Francisco (and, i believe, some other places also) and look in all directions - very cool!

I heard they ran into some issues with property owners not wanting their property photographed and shown on the internet without prior permission.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Gold member

Mapquest shows my street in a preserve/wildlife area/retention pond. Maybe that explains what happened to our vistors. ??? ??? ???
Old 11-09-2007, 02:01 AM

Where exactly is this doggie doo run? Is this a place I can take my dog for some fun and games with other dogs?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama
Where exactly is this doggie doo run? Is this a place I can take my dog for some fun and games with other dogs?
Right. Doggie Doo Run Run's address is 12971 County Road 101, Oxford, FL 34484, US

It is on CR101 near where CR104 junctions with CR101. There is a large tower just north of the Doggie Doo Run Run. There is a detour at this time coming from the South which takes you north on CR103 until you hit CR104. You can also get to CR101 from CR104 from US301.

I believe the first time you go to Doggie Doo Run Run is free.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca
In Google Earth they have a section where you can WALK UP and DOWN certain streets of San Francisco (and, i believe, some other places also) and look in all directions - very cool!

I heard they ran into some issues with property owners not wanting their property photographed and shown on the internet without prior permission.
Those Google photos are AMAZING. In SF they are re4ally highdefinition. You can see (and easily recognize) people on some of the street corners near Fisherman's Wharf. The have pics of NYC too but they don't seem to be as clear.

By the way, you don't need Google Earth for this view. Just use Google maps search engine and put in an address. If it's a city, they will have a tab for a street view.

It's amazing to think there are people riding around in cars taking these 360 photos of almost everywhere!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

The most current aerial photos I have seen of the villages is on the villages main site thevillages.com. clicking on the "About Us" button at the top opens up a page with buttons down the left hand side that gets you to other links like the Daily Sun on line. It also give you the current temperature and it's always fair in The Villages. One of the buttons is "The Villages Commercial Property". If you click on downloads on the page that comes up there is a "2007 Aerial Poster". It is more complete than Google Earth and MapQuest.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickY
The most current aerial photos I have seen of the villages is on the villages main site thevillages.com. clicking on the "About Us" button at the top opens up a page with buttons down the left hand side that gets you to other links like the Daily Sun on line. It also give you the current temperature and it's always fair in The Villages. One of the buttons is "The Villages Commercial Property". If you click on downloads on the page that comes up there is a "2007 Aerial Poster". It is more complete than Google Earth and MapQuest.
Thanks for the information.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.