Tennis Hot Spot in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2020, 01:11 PM
Default Tennis Hot Spot in TV?

Hope to be a Villager some time in the summer (was hoping to be there by June except Covid-19 interrupted our plans).
Villagers on TOTV recommend that you find a home that is close to the amenities that you like. Well, my wife and I are tennis players. I know there’s tennis courts all throughout TV but is there any one spot (RC) that plays often and has good attendance?
During our LSV back in October, my VSL was able to get me set up with a group of men who play regularly at the Glenview CC at 6pm every Monday. I would love to be part of that group if someone can connect me to someone who does? I played with, Joe (Philly), Bob (Conn.) and Winston (had an accent). Thanks for your advice and help!
Bill (& Sabrina)
Future Villagers
Old 04-13-2020, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Tennis info.
Golf The Villages
Old 04-13-2020, 04:33 PM
Gold member

When you get here you will need to do a bit of searching to find the right group. Depends on your skill level. There are good groups all over the Villages. You need to be pro active, go to courts check out level, ask if they are looking for new players, etc... you'll find the right group for you. Summer some of the groups slow down a bit, but by sept things are picking up again.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill View Post
Hope to be a Villager some time in the summer (was hoping to be there by June except Covid-19 interrupted our plans).
Villagers on TOTV recommend that you find a home that is close to the amenities that you like. Well, my wife and I are tennis players. I know there’s tennis courts all throughout TV but is there any one spot (RC) that plays often and has good attendance?
During our LSV back in October, my VSL was able to get me set up with a group of men who play regularly at the Glenview CC at 6pm every Monday. I would love to be part of that group if someone can connect me to someone who does? I played with, Joe (Philly), Bob (Conn.) and Winston (had an accent). Thanks for your advice and help!
Bill (& Sabrina)
Future Villagers
unfortunately you will have a very hard time finding opportunities to play tennis in the villages -- you will be very disappointed if you came to the villages to play tennis
Old 04-14-2020, 05:54 AM
Veteran member

For women, I’d start at Glenview and Lopez in the clinics and sign up for the round robins. You will meet people there that will invite you to Sub into their groups, especially in the summer. Once you’ve subbed a bit you move into the regular category, and will probably end up with more tennis than you can stand. After a year I found myself a regular in 5 games a week, subbing into one more game. I had to drop some groups because it was cutting into my golf time.

Men might be the same. But my husband no longer plays, so I’m not sure.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Re neighborhood facilities, Tierra del Sol is one of only two Villages (the other being in the Prehistoric Section) with four tennis courts, so it is used by a lot of the larger tennis groups.

Mrs Fox and I play social mixed tennis there (Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday afternoons) but there are all levels of play depending on which group you join.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:05 AM
Default Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
For women, I’d start at Glenview and Lopez in the clinics and sign up for the round robins. You will meet people there that will invite you to Sub into their groups, especially in the summer. Once you’ve subbed a bit you move into the regular category, and will probably end up with more tennis than you can stand. After a year I found myself a regular in 5 games a week, subbing into one more game. I had to drop some groups because it was cutting into my golf time.

Men might be the same. But my husband no longer plays, so I’m not sure.
Thank You!!!
Old 04-14-2020, 05:10 PM
Platinum member

There are several open groups at Tierra Del Sol. Mixed doubles on Monday and Thursday from 9 to 11 a.m. As others indicated, Glenview and Lopez are a good place to connect. You will find many tennis opportunities when you get here.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,924 Times in 2,450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Re neighborhood facilities, Tierra del Sol is one of only two Villages (the other being in the Prehistoric Section) with four tennis courts, so it is used by a lot of the larger tennis groups.

Mrs Fox and I play social mixed tennis there (Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday afternoons) but there are all levels of play depending on which group you join.
Chatham Rec has 4 tennis courts and reserved about every day till noon.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,924 Times in 2,450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet10s View Post
unfortunately you will have a very hard time finding opportunities to play tennis in the villages -- you will be very disappointed if you came to the villages to play tennis

Not really, it does depend on age and level you expect to play with. Plenty of 3.0 to 4.0 groups. Limited 4.5 groups, few 5.0 players around. Singles couple groups around 466A.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Chatham Rec has 4 tennis courts and reserved about every day till noon.
Moyer also has 4 courts
Closed Thread

Tags
tennis, spot, villagers, group, set

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.