Termite protection scam

Termite protection scam

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

shrinkage
Old 10-13-2018, 11:27 AM
Gold member

Default shrinkage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Being as our homes are built on a slab, I don't see how the subterranean varmints could get to the wood. Anybody?
as concrete cures it shrinks. there will be tiny cracks around your bathtub plumbing that comes up through the slab. It is a good spot to make sure you have the termite guy spray. some homes will have a small inspection panel. They are easy to install.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:19 PM

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply!
I have a question, if I may.....how common (in your experience) is an infestation to actually occur?
Especially in a 5-15 year old house, that was pre-treated....that doesn't have a bunch of dilapidated other houses/structures/rotting decks near by/attached....or old fallen/rotting timber in un-kept wild yards?

I'm just really skeptical that this is even a "thing", in a community like TV...
And this QUARTERLY application, I think, is TOTAL overkill.
Charging me $100, (4X a year) to walk around my little 2 bedroom villa with a sprayer....

Asking anyone with an answer....Just Thought Frank would have more first hand knowledge.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2019, 03:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I don't think it's a scam, but a case of "buyer beware".
And a case of projecting the blame.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGyver9 View Post
And this QUARTERLY application, I think, is TOTAL overkill.
Charging me $100, (4X a year) to walk around my little 2 bedroom villa with a sprayer....
Here is an option, use the same product the pros use around the home four times a year. It is Tarus SC (generic Termidor SC) https://www.amazon.com/Taurus-SC-CSI...ords=taurus+sc for 55.00 you get 25 one gallon applications or six years' worth. Your annual cost is 9.00. This product works exceptionally well to keep the ants out as well. Ant control is one approved use for this product.

Taurus SC active ingredient is 9.1% Fipronil. This is the same product is similar concentrations as used in Frontline topical flea control for dogs and cats. Not saying that this is safer than any other insecticide, but it is interesting how some hire a professional for their house but DIY for their pets.

Last edited by Toymeister; 01-03-2019 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:18 PM
Gold member

I just signed with Florida Pest Control (FPC). They are very reasonable and very thorough. No pressure or BS.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for migraines.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:52 PM
Veteran member

If you own a house in the south, you need some sort of termite contract. When I lived in NC, I came home one day and said what is happening to the drywall in the garage ? Well, termites had built their little tunnels and were eating the paper off the drywall. This was on a house that was 7 years old. I had to have the whole house treated including drilling into the garage concrete floor every 6 inches along the perimeter to have chemicals injected. Needless to say, it was a very expensive procedure. Now, we pay Massey about a 100 a year to provide the warranty. They come and inspect/treat once or twice a year. I did the same thing in NC with a different company.

Tags
termites, termite, protection, money, check