Terrible Accident 466A and Buena Vista

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTrack View Post
I couldn't say, as I don't read them very often.

I'm guessing though, that they don't habitually suppress any news that could he construed as shining a negative light on their community.

When's the last time you've read a police blotter, or an article on serious golf cart accidents regarding our community?

Yeah....that's what I thought.

Wondering why you read the Daily Sun............if its so bad?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Lots of online newspapers you can read for free. I like to read The Washington Post on a regular basis.

I also read the Daily Sun on a daily basis. Certainly do not read it for their new worthiness but it is a very good local paper. I subscribed to the Orlando Sentinel for a while but did not like them too much.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Wondering how you missed my post........on those subjects that I thought the Happy Paper does well?

I am not one of those types of people who are afflicted with myopic reasoning and can only stomach that which I agree with 100%....... nor am I easily brainwashed into believing everything I read (or don't read, as in this case).

Having rented here since 2009, and owning for a year now, I am fully cognizant of the "everything is perfect and no criticism will be tolerated" crowd.

Just don't expect me to join them.

I value my intelligence and open mind......too much to ever do that.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Default Hand Signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
This is SO true! Why do people think the "old-fashioned" way is better than tail and turn-signal lights having LED bulbs!!!

i always try to do both because so many people forget to TURN OFF their turn signals you really can't trust them.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharTalk View Post
i always try to do both because so many people forget to TURN OFF their turn signals you really can't trust them.
Excellent point.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbusch View Post
Don't believe everything you read in the "Happy Paper." Our neighbor was in the sedan t-boned at the intersection and is in the hospital with 3 serious breaks in his pelvis that will take a very long recovery. Minor injury????? No, serious. Bad reporting, yes.

Not to minimize or make light of the accident but was the injury to your neighbor life threatening?

While the accident and injuries are certainly serious to the victim, and family, the first responders most likely are following a standard protocol as to how to classify the patient injuries for treatment and hospital notification. As a former firefighter/EMT I have been out of that field for over 14 years. But I do recall we had to rate a patient's injuries, which were based on accepted national trauma scores. We would also notify the hospital not only of the exact injuries but also our class of priority response from scene to the hospital. Of course all of this information was recorded in our reports and once submitted I have no idea who may have seen them.

Point I am trying to make is that the injuries might not have been seriously life threatening in the field but that does not diminish the seriousness of the injuries to the patient.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.